Military Families
Options

How many..

babyshowers are you having? I have a lot of friends here at Camp Lejeune, NC, so we are having one here. My sister is also having one here.

Then my family is throwing me one in WI and my DHs family in NY is throwing us one. I feel spoiled, but everyone wants to be a part of it.

Just curious on how many your having, since I know a lot of military lives pretty far away from family.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How many..

• Options
    I have noticed with alot of my military friends its no uncommon to have up to 3.  Just like you.  Your parents, DH's parents (when live in different states) and one where your stationed at.
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Options
    Right now it looks like just one.  Too many people that are spread over too many states.
    Married since 3/20/2010 Expecting Baby #1 on 6/9/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When we lived in Hawaii I was going to have ZERO just because it was too difficult and too expensive and I didn't have enough friends there to make it worthwhile (though I have a feeling one of my friends would have tried to get something together). After we moved I ended up with 1 pre-baby shower in the state where both my family and DH's family live, and 1 meet-the-baby shower in the state where I grew up where all my extended family and many friends all live. I didn't have one where we are stationed because I'd only met a couple of people and only have 1 friend here (we had just got re-stationed and we live far from post).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Two. One back home and one with my military wives friends here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had 4. One thrown in TX where my inlaws and we lived (now we're in VA), one in MA where my family lives and I had 2 at work. The Army is paying for DH to get his masters so his class got us big gift instead of having a shower.
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    I am having one at work here in Jacksonville, NC and then one home in NJ [H and I are both from there] The one in NJ will be with both families.  Just watch out for the baby showers back home, remember you have to bring that stuff back to LeJeune. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had none. I had just moved to TX when I got pg, and I had only one friend. And it was too expensive/not worth it to fly home. So we just did a 'welcome baby bbq' when we went home with DD this summer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"