Los Angeles Babies

HUGE Baby Shower - Need Venue

My husband and a couple very close family friends are trying to plan my baby shower.  It is a surprise shower because they are keeping everything from me except the fact that I am having a shower.

My sweet little husband is insistent upon doing this on his own and is confident in his abilities to do it well. Yet, he has spilled the beans in a couple categories and I desperately want the whole team to just stop the insanity and call the whole thing off as I feel it is going to be too expensive.

The Dilemma

Out of maybe 120 who will be invited, a good 70-90 are expected to show up - so I think.  I have had my college students, friends, church members, people all over the place asking me to make sure they get an invite.  So, it looks like there is need for a venue that can accommodate this many people, that will allow outside catering, and will be open on a Saturday in December.

If anyone knows relatively large locations where one can hold a baby shower in SoCal (preferably Torrance/Redondo Beach area) or wherever, please let me know asap so I can slide this info to my husband to help make his life a little easier. 

Re: HUGE Baby Shower - Need Venue

• It might be a bit far, but Cafe Santorini in Pasadena is gorgeous.  Their Rococo Room can seat that many people.  The food is delicious, the service and staff excellent, and the prices fairly reasonable.  I had my baby shower there and couldn't have picked a better place.  Good luck!
  • South Baby Mama in the same predicament as you.   We are looking at Lisa Bon Appetite Cafe (Torrance), Cheesecake Factory (although that's $$) and the Torrance Women's Club. 

I'm also looking into Torrance Rec centers.  My hosts can make the junkiest room beautiful, we just need to place to fit everyone.  

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"