Pregnant after a Loss

BRU discount - 10 or 15 percent

The store I registered in told me the completion discount was 15%. Lo and behold I got my coupon in the mail for 10%. I called the BRU 800 number and they said it's always been 10. Then I called my store again (but did not tell them what customer service said) and they said 15. 

What were you told? Or what was your discount?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BRU discount - 10 or 15 percent

• They didn't tell me anything but I assumed it was 10. If the store says 15, just go to the store and ask them for a coupon there. I have heard of people going in and getting their completion coupon before it came in the mail.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • imageColleenS629:
    They didn't tell me anything but I assumed it was 10. If the store says 15, just go to the store and ask them for a coupon there. I have heard of people going in and getting their completion coupon before it came in the mail.

I would, but they told me they don't give out completion coupons in the store anymore. So it's my word against the employee unless other stores offer 15% - anyone out there offered 15%???? 

• Loading the player...
  • imageRachaelA:
    All the paperwork that you are given when you register in store says 10%. Using the 20% off coupons on the bigger stuff usually is a better deal if your store lets you have many transactions or you don't mind going back a few times.

THIS

• My completion coupon is for 15% at BRU! It was 10% at BBB and Amazon.
    BFP#1 10/5/09 | Heartbeat 11/1/09 | D&C 11/24/09 (no hb)
    BFP#2 02/18/11 * Beta@15dpo=215 * @18dpo=698 * @20dpo=2337 * @25dpo=10,931 * DS Arrived October 24, 2011
    BFP#3 08/12 | D&C 9/12 (no hb)
    BFP#4 Due May 1, 2014 Stick baby stick!
  • The girl at the store where we registered said it was 15% because we came into the store instead of starting it online.  She even crossed out where it said "10%" in the little booklet, and wrote "15%" next to it.  We'll see what happens in a few months, but I'm not shy about asking for the 15% if I need it. 

In the meantime, how do you get these 20% off coupons I keep hearing about? I've signed up on their website, but nothing so far.  I get coupons for BBB all the time though. 

dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view
  • Mine was 10%.  I did my registry online, if that makes a difference.  I didn't want to wait for the coupon to come in the mail, so I asked for it in the store (and, uh, fibbed a little about my due date to get it sooner Embarrassed)

I was only allowed to combine one 20% off coupon with the completion discount.  The completion discount is a one-time use only coupon, and you can only use one 20% off coupon per transaction.  So, for most of the bigger items (above, say, $20), I will not even be using the completion discount- I am stock-piling the 20% off coupons and I'll go to the store several times and purchase things with multiple different transactions.

To the pp who asked about the 20% off coupons- I received most of them at my shower!  I guess they hand them out when you make a purchase at BRU, although they didn't give me any when I was there last weekend.  Luckily, my shower guests thought to save them and give them to me with my shower gifts.  I have received a few coupons in the mail, but not many.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I was working there, it was always 10% and last time I checked it was still 10%. If they told you something different they have to honor it. I got 15% because I used to work there and the manager who was on shift that day liked me so I got a bigger discount.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did start my registry in store. Maybe that is the difference. I've never gotten a coupon via email, though a 20% off one did come in the mail yesterday. Same dates as the coupons in the little booklet. So...you can combine a 20% with the registry completion discount? One more question...since the 20% off is in-store only, if something is available online only (the Snuza in this case) will they let you order it in store to use a 20% off coupon?
    BFP#2 02/18/11 * Beta@15dpo=215 * @18dpo=698 * @20dpo=2337 * @25dpo=10,931 * DS Arrived October 24, 2011
  • imageRachaelA:

imageiggy.d:
    I did start my registry in store. Maybe that is the difference. I've never gotten a coupon via email, though a 20% off one did come in the mail yesterday. Same dates as the coupons in the little booklet. So...you can combine a 20% with the registry completion discount? One more question...since the 20% off is in-store only, if something is available online only (the Snuza in this case) will they let you order it in store to use a 20% off coupon?

No.

Order the Snuza from amazon. its cheaper through there anyways. sign up for an amazon registry. wait 14 days and then use their 10% off

Got it on both registries already. Good to know Amazon is the way to go. This may be the one item I'm most excited about. :)
  • Wow, so many different answers! BRU is not consistent. 

FWIW, I have been able to use multiple 20% off coupons in one visit by asking the register person to ring up items separately.

The 20% coupons are in-store only so you can't use them on ship only items. I asked about ordering ship-only in the store and they wouldn't let me use the coupon.

I was in there tonight and they didn't give me any new 20% coupons! : ( I have only received the Sept and Oct. coupons (one ends tomorrow) from my showers. People gave me a ton so I used a few. Also, I got two $5 off any item in the mail from my rewards card. Some of the items people purchased did not come off my registry (I had to manually select completed), but I know they were from BRU since I have the gift receipt to prove it so I don't believe I received rewards for those items. Bums me out b/c some were big items too. 

• I was told 10% as well and I registered in the store.

I have had co-workers to bring me 20% coupons.  I get BRU e-mails but have rarely seen 20% coupons come in the messages.

My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"