Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Yucca babyfood

DD's pedi said I can start making latino foods such as yucca to give to LO. It's not on wholesomebabyfood.com, so I'm wondering if anyone has made this for thier LO and how best to prepare and store it- does it freeze well, etc?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Yucca babyfood

• My pedi gave us the green light for "table foods" pureed or cut up tiny. He said basically whatever we eat is fine as long as it's in baby friendly size or consistency. The only things he said to avoid are cow milk (but other dairy is ok) and unpasteurized honey.  We can avoid nuts, seafood and berries since they have higher allergy risk, but we have no history or concerns, so P will be eating everything. I'll avoid strong flavors and spicy things, etc. but I want him to eat what we eat for the most part.  The pedi said to just use common sense and have fun with it.

So what i'm trying to say is, i'm sure however you prepare it for you is ok, minus spices, and cut it up small or mash it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yucca freezes well, I wouldn't keep it in my freezer past 3 months.  My grandmother used to boil it until very soft then puree it with formula.  I plan on doing the same with my LO when the time is right.  Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"