Bought a graco lauren crib and well... — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Bought a graco lauren crib and well...

I bought a graco lauren crib on craigslist for 85$. I thought I got a great deal and was so excited with the purchase! One problem, the crib came with parts to put it together but after searching the assembly booklet online I came to find out some of the parks are missing. I figured that's fine I'll call graco and order replacement parts, It will be fine. Today I call graco and they transfer me to lajobi where I'm told I must have the model number or serial number to order replacement parts and well I have neither since I bought the crib used, ehhh so incredibly frustrating! Any suggestions on what I should/could do? I guess from now on I'll be paying much more attention after buying anything on craigslist, I can definitely say that much!!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bought a graco lauren crib and well...

• Google "Graco Lauren crib model number or serial number".  You certainly aren't the first person to have this problem and you should be able to get the info online.  You also will probably need the manufacture date or estimated date of purchase before they will fill the order.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I have the same crib and there is a sticker on it with that information. It's on the inside of the front panel. 
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I learned my lesson with buying certain items on CL as well... I found a Graco travel system (stroller with carseat) for like $35 and was so excited. I had no idea, ya know, the thing was missing the latch belt and the buckle didn't work on there. Makes you wonder why the hell someone would sell you a bad car seat??! The stroller worked fine, but yea, i just stuck to buying a swing and jumperoo on there and called it a day.. That's frustrating, i hope you get it figured out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I looked on the inside panel, it was not there, I actually looked on all 4 panels. The lady on the phone told me it would have been on the original box.
  • That really stinks, the previous owner must have taken it off.  Do you know what parts you are missing?  Maybe you could pick them up at a hardware store.  It's a pretty simple crib. 
    imageimage

• I'm hoping so too! We have not put it together yet as we're in the process of moving but I had my dad look at it and he says it's just the wooden dowels *crossing fingers* those should be easy to find and I really hope that's all that's missing!
  • I would contact the seller, maybe they didn't know parts were missing & would give you some money back or look for missing parts. When we got our bike trailer for DS out of the box, we realized a part was missing.  The lady found it & sent it to us.  I'm sure if she hadn't found it she would have paid for the new part.  GL!
    imageimage
    m/c '08 DS born 8-13-09 2 m/c in '11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • if you have the instructions then it'll tell you what parts, or look up the instructions on line find out which parts are missing, and go to home depo or a ny hardware store, and they will find them for you. Once you start putting it together hopefully your husband will be helping it's usually pretty easy to tell what you need. You might have the screw for the left side but not the right and walla take the screw you do have with you to the hardware store get another. This happened with a bunk bed I bought on CL. atleast the people were up front and said they weren't sure if all pieces were there. WE had to replace all the screws on the bed because they were stripped but it didn't cost much for the parts and we still got a good deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejustmeardle:
    I would contact the seller, maybe they didn't know parts were missing & would give you some money back or look for missing parts. When we got our bike trailer for DS out of the box, we realized a part was missing.  The lady found it & sent it to us.  I'm sure if she hadn't found it she would have paid for the new part.  GL!

This.

I bought a "new in box" Bright Starts Round We Go activity center and there were parts missing. I contacted the seller and she had the parts but I preferred to just return everything to her and get my money back. I won't be buying anything on craigslist that is not already assembled ever again. I'm more than happy to take the time to disassemble myself especially if a manual isn't included.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards