Eco-Friendly Family
Options

cleaning mold

Hi ladies! I'm mostly a lurker, but have a question... what would you all use for mold spots around windows? I always use my homemade solution of vinegar/baking soda for everything, but would that kill the mold? Also, I always use rags, but would those be ok to then throw in the wash with my other clothes??

Sorry if this is like, cleaning 101. cleaning is so not my forte :)?

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
**  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

Re: cleaning mold

• Options
    I know it's not EF, but I don't fool around when it comes to mold. I use diluted bleach.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Is it mold or just mildew from condensation? I'd just hit it with straight vinegar and scrub with baking soda, like you've done in the past. If it keeps coming back, though, bleach might be the only answer. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSoyager:
    Is it mold or just mildew from condensation? I'd just hit it with straight vinegar and scrub with baking soda, like you've done in the past. If it keeps coming back, though, bleach might be the only answer. :(
    ?

?

hmmm, guess i don't know the difference :( ?i will try the vinegar/baking soda.

thanks!?

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• Options
    Vinegar with a few drops of tea tree oil does the trick for the mold in my shower. I imagine it would work around your windows, too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would definitely use an old-used rag/sponge and throw it away after. You don't want it spreading.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"