Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Stroller and carseat question...

Hi ladies,

I'm a FTM and I'm due in March.  I know this isn't "my" board but I would like your opinions on car seats and strollers since you have new little ones.

What type of car seat and stroller are you using?  What are your likes and dislikes and would you do anything differently?

Thanks so much for your help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stroller and carseat question...

• Options
    We have a Graco SnugRide 32 car seat and Graco Mosaic stroller. We've been using both since DD1 was born, and are now using the car seat for DD2. I love them both. The stroller is fairly lightweight, a nice middle-ground between an umbrella stroller and a travel system, and the car seat snaps into it. It maneuvers well, and I can fold/unfold with one hand if needed. There is nothing about either piece of gear that I don't like, actually.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We use the baby trend expedition travel system and I love it!!! The stroller is a jogging stroller that can do 365 degree turns and the front wheel also locks in place for steadier motion if you are going to use it for running we bought it at burlington coat factory for $200 and it included the stoller, car seat, and car seat base and I wouldn't trade it for anything else!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have the chicco keyfit travel system.
    I love it. The carseat and base are easy to use and install, and the stroller, while heavy, isn't too heavy, easy to fold/unfold and is sturdy.
    If you have the extra cash, I'd get a baby trend snap and go. It makes navigating narrow aisle in stores a little better and is super light.
    If you don't want a heavy stroller at all, you could probably get the baby trend and the carseat without the travel system.

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog
    <3 and Luck to my BFPB StephK!!- Emma is here!!

• Options
    We have the Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat and the Jeep Liberty Sport X Stroller. I love them both! The stroller is a jogging stroller and the front wheel turns 360 degrees. It navigates wonderfully and has alot of storage space. No complaints here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Options
    We have the Chicco Keyfit as well and I agree with PP's review. The only thing I would add is that the sunshade on the car seat is very short.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We have the Graco Snugride 35 travel system and I LOVE it! The car seat is a great size and Fits great into the stroller which isn't too big or too small. I can easily pick it up and get it in and out of the trunk as well. It was also a fantastic price at about $250 for the seat, base and stroller. We purchased another base for $50.
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Right now all i am using is a baby trend snap and go and the BOB revolution with the infant car seat adapter. LOVE them both. The snap and go is super light and I use that when i am out and about. The BOB is an AWESOME jogging stroller.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have the britax chaperone carseat and b-ready stroller. Love them both, but the stroller is a bit on the wide side, so it makes getting through doorways tricky if I don't hit the passage straight on.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have the Chicco Keyfit 30 and LBB loves it.  He goes to sleep almost immediately when we put it in.  It's light enough for me to carry easily.

For stroller, we have the Baby Jogger City Elite which we use on a daily basis to go for walks.  It handles fabulously - love the fixed wheel/non-fixed wheel switch since our walks are on both gravel and trails.  I love that I can easily pop it open and fold it closed with the pull of a strap.  DH loves the adjustable handlebar since he's almost a foot taller than me.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageWildloulo:
    We use the baby trend expedition travel system and I love it!!! The stroller is a jogging stroller that can do 365 degree turns and the front wheel also locks in place for steadier motion if you are going to use it for running we bought it at burlington coat factory for $200 and it included the stoller, car seat, and car seat base and I wouldn't trade it for anything else!

This. I would not trade my jogging stroller travel system for anything LOL I have already gotten a ton of use out of it.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options

We have a Graco Snugride 35 travel system.  I love the car seat so far--mostly because of the pattern, but the handle is nice too.  I've only used the stroller a few times and so far so good.  It maneuvers nicely and has a nice big basket underneath.

My one suggestion is to find a front adjust harness for the carseat.  Otherwise you have to adjust the harness from the back which is a big pain.  My SIL didn't think about that and learned the hard way, so I made sure when we picked one out that it had that front adjust. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a Chicco Keyfit carseat, a Snap N Go and a Baby Jogger City Mini Double stroller with a carseat adaptor for when we want to go somewhere with both kids. We also have a City Mini single if we want to take DS someplace by himself. Love all of them. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebrittas:
    Right now all i am using is a baby trend snap and go and the BOB revolution with the infant car seat adapter. LOVE them both. The snap and go is super light and I use that when i am out and about. The BOB is an AWESOME jogging stroller.

This, exactly!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Chicco keyfit 30 carseat with Baby Jogger City Mini and adaptor. LOVE IT! So light and compact and DS loves it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"