1st Trimester

Talk to me about Unisom.

I am running out of options for nausea. Zofran does not work. I take B-6, but I really can't tell a difference. Is Unisom just going to knock me out? TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Talk to me about Unisom.

• Personally the unisom made me more tired than the Zofran does. But for me the Zofran works were the unisom did nothing. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh, I will check with him. I was just wondering if anyone was raving about it before I did.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I asked my OB and she said that Unisom was originally prescribed for nausea, but the biggest side effect was severe drowsiness, so they started marketing it for a sleep aide. It is completely safe to take during pregnancy.

Now... I was taking it at night with my prenatal vitamin, and yes, I would sleep all night long, but I was still super tired in the morning, and about an hour after I would eat breakfast, while at work, I got so tired, I couldnt keep my eyes open and my head kept nodding because I was so tired.

Since I cant be falling asleep at work, I did stop taking it, and the repercussions have gotten me (BAD m/s)...

I would recommend taking it, but you need to make sure you will get a full 8-9 hours of sleep otherwise you will regret it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I take 1/2 a unisom at night and make sure to get 8hrs of sleep with it. I would suggest NOT taking a full dose as it wipes me out and I feel awful the next day.

I have noticed that taking Unisom with my B6 not only helps me stay asleep through the night (I was waking up 3-4 times sick) I feel better through the morning. I do see a difference with it even if it is just helping me sleep. It's worth a shot!

GL!

1st BFP- March 2011. Natural MC @ 8 weeks
    2nd BFP- July 2011.  Chemical Pregnancy
    3rd BFP- Sep 2011. My beautiful son was born May 2012.
    4th BFP-August 2014- Due May 12, 2015

• I was taking half with a b6 and it completely got rid of my MS and nausea.  I stopped taking the b6 and have still been taking half with my prenatals before bed.  I try to take it a little early, usually a couple hours before bed.  Usually it doesn't immediately knock me out, just makes me sleepy.  But taking it earlier makes the morning Unisom hangover almost non-existant, if at all.  I am still taking it and will continue till I can get through a whole day without gagging at all.  I guess I figure then it is safe to stop taking it.
    My perfect boy was born at 2:23am, April 22, 2012. Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in Canada and we have diclectin (unisom and b6) and its great for nausea, but the fatigue is horrendous. I could sleep ALL DAY LONG. I figure I feel better overall, so its worth it, but be prepared to be drowsy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"