Nevada Babies

Has anyone delivered at Sunrise Hospital?

I have an amazing OB/GYN who practices at Sunrise Hospital so that is where I'll be delivering. Unfortunately, I was not please with the hospital where I delivered my first child and I'm hoping to not repeat that experience. I've only lived in Las Vegas for a little over a year and I was just wondering if anyone else has delivered there and what your experiences were like. I did have to go the the ER (Or in my case Labor and Delivery Triage since I was 25 weeks at the time) and from what I could gather from the few hours I was there, it seemed like a nice facility with a friendly and attentive nursing staff. How was it for you guys? Thanks for any feedback! 
Anniversary

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Has anyone delivered at Sunrise Hospital?

• This past week I've had two of my cousin deliver there babies there and they BOTH seem to like it. No complaints.
  • Thank you! That's reassuring. :)
    Anniversary

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am planning on delivering at Sunrise.  I also work at Sunrise, so that helps.  I wanted to have access to what is (IMHO) the best NICU in town in case my baby needs it.  I have been going to fetal assessment there for the past 2 weeks, and I can tell you that the L&D nurses that I have met have been awesome.  They are very experienced, but also very kind and understanding.  All the delivery and postpartum rooms are private, and dads can even stay with you overnight.  If you haven't already, I encourage you to take a tour so you can see the facilities for yourself.  Tours are Sundays at 2pm - just meet in the lobby of the Children's Hospital.  I believe there is another time that they do the tours (Wednesday evening I think), but if you call the hospital, you can ask to be sure.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just delivered my son at Sunrise a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I could have had a better experience for my first child. All of the nurses were very nice and very helpful. The private rooms are a blessing for sure. I had planned to deliver vaginally but my son didn't drop at all after being induced so I ended up being c-sectioned and the ladies that helped me get prepped REALLY made me feel much better about the whole experience since it was my first surgery of any kind, never mind it was to deliver a baby and I was soooo scared. I definitely recommend Sunrise, my OB/GYN is Dr. Richter, and he was also wonderful, always put me at ease for my visits and made sure I was getting everything I needed while in the hospital. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"