Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Sleep schedule in utero vs. now

Have you new mommies noticed a correlation between your LOs' sleep schedules in utero and their sleep schedules now that they're here? I thought this would be a super popular question, but I'm having trouble finding it in the archives.

I'm just curious, mostly because my guy is super active between midnight and 5 a.m. Wondering if I'll have a night owl on my hands!

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

Re: Sleep schedule in utero vs. now

• Options
    imagejenbarker99:

Have you new mommies noticed a correlation between your LOs' sleep schedules in utero and their sleep schedules now that they're here? I thought this would be a super popular question, but I'm having trouble finding it in the archives.

I'm just curious, mostly because my guy is super active between midnight and 5 a.m. Wondering if I'll have a night owl on my hands!

Yes, in the early days, my LO looooved being up in the evenings, and he was most active during the evening/nightime.  I was very active during the day at work, so he tended to be sleep and calm when I was up and moving around.  It was quite an ordeal to get his days and nights worked out, and even at almost 12 weeks, he still does best with a later bedtime.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The actual time I  havent noticed but she was a pretty calm baby in my belly and is a calm baby now too. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLStorms:
    imagejenbarker99:

Yes, in the early days, my LO looooved being up in the evenings, and he was most active during the evening/nightime.  I was very active during the day at work, so he tended to be sleep and calm when I was up and moving around.  It was quite an ordeal to get his days and nights worked out, and even at almost 12 weeks, he still does best with a later bedtime.

Uh-oh! Well, I'm rarely in bed before midnight, so my LO might just have a later bedtime too, especially at first. This should be interesting. :)

• Options

It actually doesn't bother me, mostly because it's natural for me, and I've spent most of my maternity leave getting to sleep in (even when he eats at 4 am he'll sleep til 8 or 10).  I am also looking forward to having time to spend with him when I go back to work.  If he was going to bed at 7, I'd have very little time with him in the evenings.

I am blessed that my mom is going to watch him at our home so his late morning wake up time shouldn't be an issue.  GL and hope the rest of your pregnancy is wonderful :c)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLStorms:

It actually doesn't bother me, mostly because it's natural for me, and I've spent most of my maternity leave getting to sleep in (even when he eats at 4 am he'll sleep til 8 or 10).  I am also looking forward to having time to spend with him when I go back to work.  If he was going to bed at 7, I'd have very little time with him in the evenings.

I am blessed that my mom is going to watch him at our home so his late morning wake up time shouldn't be an issue.  GL and hope the rest of your pregnancy is wonderful :c)

Thanks! And thank you for reassuring me that the "ideal" schedule isn't for everyone. I work at home, so I go to bed late and get up late. Maybe it'll be great for us. :)

• Options
    My LO sleeps the same. She's a second shift baby...sleeps from 10pm to 8am and most active from 2pm untill 10pm, same as when i was pregnant
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The 1st 2 weeks she would be awake and fussy at 10pm and that was her active time when I was pregnant with her. She would be like this anywhere from 1-3 hrs!
  • Options

DD was always very active in utero in the evenings.  That is now her fussy time ... so it seems to correlate.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ya, when i was pregnant she would keep me up at night whenever i would try to go to bed, she would start partying. once she was born she had total night and day confusion but it evens out within a couple of weeks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO was up all night in utero too. It seemed he would always wait until ingot extra comfy lying down and then start punching my bladder and rolling around. Since he's been here he has been a good night time sleeper though, eating and going right back to bed. He has his awake/alert times during the day.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"