Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Herbal supplements and breastmilk?

For those who use Mother's Milk herbal tea, fenugreek, etc.- do these really work to increase your milk supply?  I don't live in an area that sells these, so I'll have to order them, and before I pay shipping I'd like to make sure they'll be worth my money.  Anyone try dark beer like Guinness?  Does this work?  Thanks!!

Re: Herbal supplements and breastmilk?

• Options

You could try oatmeal! Oatmeal is great for increasing your supply. Cheaper too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have tried Fenugreek and Milk Thistle; I think the MT worked better, but I'm still a few ounces shy of his daily intake so I just ordered Domperidone and have heard that will make a huge difference (don't have it yet though).  Neither one increased my supply by more than a few ounces.

Do you have a Walmart near you?  I got my MT there and have heard that both are sold there, but I ordered my fenu on Amazon, so I never checked the store. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I picked up the fenugreek from Walgreens but not sure it has helped me personally so we'll see what happens when I run out. I also bought Brewer's Yeast pills from a GNC and have been eating a lot of oatmeal!!

Good luck finding what works for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"