South Florida Babies

? about convertible car seats

I am going to install the convertibe car seat today ..my question is ;

<><>Ramsey weights almost 23 lbs, should I install the car seat rear or forward facing?
I am confused , everything that i read says you put them rear facing until they are 1 year old. or ur up to 20 lbs. Another thing to consider is that he is measuring 29 inches and I i am afraid that he isn't going to be comfortable .
How did you guys did it?

<>Thanks 

Re: ? about convertible car seats

• Forward facing is 1 year AND 20 lbs not one or the other. He'll be fine rear facing at 29 inches. We just moved Mikey forward-facing the other day since his birthday was last week and he's 30.5 inches and was perfectly comfy rear-facing in his convertible carseat.
  • 20 pounds and 1 year old.  20 pounds was not at a year for us and my son is super tall.  He didn't have any problems.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1 year or 20 pounds is correct (its just the minimum requirements)?

We have decided to leave Diego rear facing until he reaches the car seat limit. We have a Britax so for rear facing is 35 pounds or 49" or less.?

It is safer to ride rear facing according to research.?https://www.cpsafety.com/articles/StayRearFacing.aspx.?

?I just though I give you something to read.......?image

Barbie?

• Its safer to keep him rear facing as long as possible.  I just turned Nicky around to front facing about two weeks ago because he began trying to twist around in the seat and grab for me, all while hysterical crying. But if he hadn't started acting like that, I would have left him rear facing for awhile longer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"