Baby Names

My girl name

So I am sure I am gonna get lots of "Noooooo...don't do its!" because of the "popularity" of the name. But quite honestly, I work with children and I know zero kids with it and it is the one name I have absolutely loved forever.

The MN is up for debate but I'm strongly leaning towards one of them. It was my grandmother's name and she was the most amazing woman I have ever known. I am so sad that she will never know my baby but I'd like my daughter to carry a piece of her with her.

So.....drumroll....

WDYT of :

Ava Francesca Pacheco

OR

Ava Gabrielle Pacheco

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My girl name

• I personally don't like to use a name that is super popular,but if you love the name and aren't worried about it's popularity,then it shouldn't matter! I think Ava is a beautiful name.I like Ava Gabrielle much better of the two.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• I much prefer Ava Francesca Pacheco! It's a lovely name. Go for it if it's what you love!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Both are pretty but I prefer Ava Francesca. 
  • ava gabrielle. pretty! 
  • If my DS was a girl, his/her name would have been Ava Elizabeth!  I loved Ava, and I didn't care how popular it was!! So I say go for it! And I really like both, but I say Ava Francesca!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If the popularity doesn't bother you, then use the name you love!  Other than popularity, I have no gripes with it!  

I personally like Francesca better, but I say go with your grandmother's name... I love MNs with meaning!  

11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • ava francesca.

love the name francesca...that would be my vote for the first name :)

• With all of the ugly on this board, I'm happy to see such a gorgeous name.

Both are stunning, but I prefer Ava Gabrielle. 

• I like Francesca better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I prefer Francesca! 
  • Both are lovely, but I prefer Ava Francesca. It's somewhat refreshing to see someone choose a name out of love rather than how unique it is.

• While popular, Ava is a pretty name. I think Ava Francesca is really pretty. 

If you had suggested something SUPER popular like Ava Olivia or Ava Elizabeth, that would change my rationale ;)

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • I like Ava Gabrielle

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • It's a beautiful name and both mn's sound nice, so go with your grandmothers!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Very pretty. I prefer Ava Francesca.

I agree that Ava is gorgeous, and I think it's great you're not letting the popularity influence you. If it's not so common in your area, the point is moot, anyway.

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• Ava Francesca! Love it, and sounds good with your last name. Go with what you love!
    BFP: 9/20 Blighted Ovum DX: 10/21 @ 9 weeks. Waiting for m/c.
  • I love Ava Francesca! I would go with whichever MN is your grandmother's, though.
  • Thank you for all the replies ladies! I take baby naming very seriously (as I'm sure you could tell bc I am only 8 weeks!)

I purposely left out which name was my grandmother's because I did not want to put any bias on the results. But alas, they turned out exactly how I was hoping.

I really do love both names and how they look. But my dear grandmother's name was Francesca. :)

It's looking like Ava Francesca is the winner. And by the way, Ava means "like a bird" and Francesca means "freedom" so together the meaning is poetic and beautiful as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"