1st Trimester

7 weeks - pain near left ovary

Anyone else experiencing this? I didn't have this type of pain with DS#1. I have my 1st appt on Thurs AM so my Dr said unless I had severe cramping or bleeding not to worry. I can not get it out of my head that maybe it's ectopic? :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 7 weeks - pain near left ovary

• I had this pain yesterday actually, talked to the triage nurse at my ob/gyn, they said go to the er... i did, and they said it was either a stomach bug, or possibly my ligaments already streching (granted I am 9 weeks, not 7). but yeah, I had this pain too....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am only 4 weeks 6 days... and for two weeks have had mild/moderate left side cramping.  I have read alot about it, and it seems to be normal!  As long as it isn't severe or with bleeding...  I had an unltrasound last night, and all seems well! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had that about the same time as you.  I had already had an u/s so we knew it wasn't ectopic.  My pain felt the same way it feels when I am ovulating.  On the u/s they could see the corpus lutiem cyst on that side so we assumed that's what was causing it.  It lasted about 2 days and has been gone since.

• I have had a similar feeling as well, throughout the last 4 or 5 weeks. Ive been told it might be the side I ovulated from. I wish I had a more definite answer.

• As long as you are not bleeding I would chalk it up to uterus stretching.
  • I am 6 weeks and had sharp pains in my left ovary last night too and thought I was miscarrying so scary.. but i of course went on google and people said it was normal and it was ligaments stretching and if you lay on that side it could help so i tried that and i have been ok today no problems .. no bleeding at all ..... but it is scary.. prob just stuff stretching to make more room for baby!
  • Thank you for the feedback. I figured it could just be the uterus and ligaments stretching as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had the same pains. It's most likely caused by the corpus luteum cyst, which is what's producing your progesterone. It's normal.
    Eleanor Gwendolyn
  • I'm 4 weeks along and experiencing the same thing... I'm trying not to worry.
  • I have spoken to my doctor about pains in the left ovary. She performed an ultrasound and blood work. All is normal and baby is happy at 10 weeks. She did say if the pain is severe and I'm doubling over to call in right away. Ligaments stretching most likely
  • edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"