Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Question about AP extremist...

Everything in life will have people who believe to the extreme, just the way it is. But, I was reading some blogs about AP that were super extreme, women who were HORRIBLE towards anyone who didn't believe that you needed to wear babies at ALL times, if you put them in a crip it was "baby behind bars" and didn't "show love" to them, that "inserting a imitation nipple to their mouth was paramount to abuse"... etc.  That's fine if that's their philosophy, to each their own... but my question is this: If they believe that babies should never cry, and we should do whatever it takes to make them happy (ie: wearing them at all times) what do they do when they're in the car? Wouldn't a baby that truly never is away from their mom's chest just not be able to deal with being strapped into a car seat alone? Hadley spends plenty of time being in her Moby, swing, play mat, crib but still has melt downs in the car at times, thing is I don't mind them b/c I know she is okay and it's okay for babies to cry. But for those that think it's terrible to let them cry, wonder how they deal with that?

(I consider myself somewhat AP, even though we FF b/c she's adopted and she sleeps in a crib b/c she grunts so loud she keeps the house awake...lol so I'm not dissing it at all).

Re: Question about AP extremist...

• Options
    I should mention, while I'm not opposed to having Hadley cry (when I'm cooking something dangerous for baby wearing, or something not practical to be with her) I don't let her do it often.
  • Options
    Honestly? Anything surround someone's strong feelings and a baby is going to bring out the freaks. We all want what's best for our babies but some ladies just take it sooooo far, telling you that you must not know what you're doing if, or you're a terrible mother for, etc. I try to take the high road when I see posts where moms jump all over each other for something but sometimes it's REALLY hard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Really, I don't care what other people do (unless they expose my kid to something bad).  If someone wants to do Elimination Communication, Carry their baby 24/7, etc.  More power to them.  Doesn't effect me, and I don't care.  I never read blogs that annoy me.  So, that solves that problem.  
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

imagekatie4253:
    Really, I don't care what other people do (unless they expose my kid to something bad).  If someone wants to do Elimination Communication, Carry their baby 24/7, etc.  More power to them.  Doesn't effect me, and I don't care.  I never read blogs that annoy me.  So, that solves that problem.  

This. And we are somewhat into the attachment parenting deal but not extremist. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"