South Florida Babies

Do you give your DC vitamins?

I want to ask her doctor this at her check up in two weeks but I also wanted your input. Do you give your child any kind of supplements? Have you already talked to your doc about this?

I am curious also about Flouride for their teeth. I know tap water has the right amount for them but since our tap water is so bad we don't drink it - we drink bottled water. Therefore, Sophia only gets Flouride from the water at daycare. I am not sure that is enough.

Also, that recent study about kids not getting enough Vitamin D makes me wonder if we should be supplementing that, too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you give your DC vitamins?

• Our doctor didn't mention any of this at Mikey's 12 month appt on Friday. I of course forgot to ask too! I think as long as they are getting a balanced diet there is no need for vitamins. Now the fluoride is definitely a good question for you to ask since you use bottled water at home. Our water is good at our house so we give Mikey his water from the tap. Let me know what you find out from your doc.
  • when I was BF we gave DD the drops trivisol (sp?) since babies need the vitamin D to really be able to use calcium. once I stopped BF and started FF we gave her polyvisol and at her 1 year old visit they said we could start on flinstones vitamins.

hope that helps

• Loading the player...
  • I asked my pedi if it was a good idea to give Nicholas Poly-vi-sol drops each day even though he is a pretty good eater and he said yes. Whatever excess their bodies don't absorb, they just poop and pee out. 

• Our doctor gave us fluoride drops but they made Noah sick.  We have him on Flinstone multivitamins once a day.
  • As an infant i used to put tri-v-sol. i think its called, into her morning bottle although her doctor never pushed it, he told me that if i wanted to i should use that.  So at her 12 month check up he told me that now as a toddler, her recomends the formula go and grow by similac, once a day instead of whole milk in her sippy.  Until she is two i will do that, at her two year old appt, which i scheduled yesterday, =[  lol I will ask him what is next. GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"