April 2012 Moms

If you have broken blood vessels in your eyes due to puking...

How long did it take for your eyes to go back to normal? I've had a puketastic weekend and my eyes look like crap. This never happened with my 1st pregnancy or during my college drinking game days. I'm hoping I look better for work tomorrow.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: If you have broken blood vessels in your eyes due to puking...

• Sorry. Get a good night sleep! It def helps!
    due april 10th :))
  • My eyes get really boodshot after I puke these days, but it goes away after a few hours. I get these pin sized red dots around my eyes in an inch and a half radius. I asked a doctor at work and she immediately asked if I was puking or sneezing a lot. These last for a good three days. She said they were broken cappilaries
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I popped a blood vessel in my eyes a few years ago and it took at least a week for the blood to leave my eye.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I had one and it took a few days to go away.
    -------------------------------------
  • It depends on how bad it is. I'm getting over a bad case of bronchitis and for me coughing usually = gagging = puking. I coughed so hard and so long that it broke the blood vessels in both my eyes. My eyes were COMPLETELY blood red...I looked like something out of a twighlight movie. Except for one little area my eyes are back to normal now, but it's been a little over two weeks. Hopefully yours isn't that bad! Feel better soon!!
  • While I am very sorry this is happening to you, I am glad you asked this question because it happened to me Wednesday night and then again on Friday night (2 blood vessels). Mine still obviously look horrible. I will let you know if they go away soon though.

Good luck with your healing!!! 

Logan James - 4/12/12 5:38pm Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • imageloves*green*mlkglass:
    It depends on how bad it is. I'm getting over a bad case of bronchitis and for me coughing usually = gagging = puking. I coughed so hard and so long that it broke the blood vessels in both my eyes. My eyes were COMPLETELY blood red...I looked like something out of a twighlight movie. Except for one little area my eyes are back to normal now, but it's been a little over two weeks. Hopefully yours isn't that bad! Feel better soon!!
    No they are not that bad. I feel terrible for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Subconjunctival hemorrhages take 5-14 days to resolve depending on size :)  I got one one my wedding night (don't laugh it was from frantically trying to scrub off my fake lashes and permanent make-up not being naughty).  As far as I learned there is nothing you can do to make them go away faster, but my mom who is an ophthalmologist swears vit C helps the tiny capillaries heal.  I have yet to see the paper that shows this, but I figure it can' hurt.  Mine was about 1/3 of the sclera (white part) of my left eye and it was completely gone in 7 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHarper'smom:
    imageloves*green*mlkglass:
    It depends on how bad it is. I'm getting over a bad case of bronchitis and for me coughing usually = gagging = puking. I coughed so hard and so long that it broke the blood vessels in both my eyes. My eyes were COMPLETELY blood red...I looked like something out of a twighlight movie. Except for one little area my eyes are back to normal now, but it's been a little over two weeks. Hopefully yours isn't that bad! Feel better soon!!
    No they are not that bad. I feel terrible for you!
    Well, I did get a lot of "too bad it's not Halloween yet" jokes and they really only hurt when I rolled my eyes at DH. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"