Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

XP: scary morning, ambulance and all

This morning around 7 LO was in the co-sleeper and we were all sleeping. Then my husband and I sprang up to the sound of LO having a hard time breathing. She would cough and then try to breath in.... I quickly picked her up and she wasn't responding :( I started back blows incase she was choking while my husband called 911. We did what the person told us too about keeping her upright and keeping her awake as possible. She still wasn't responding and had her eyes shut and her arms and legs were some what limp. The only response we got were her arms moved a little. She was also turning pale. Just as the 1st responders arrived she started breathing better and was a little more responsive. They checked her out and didn't hear anything in the lungs. She then started breathing fine and was alert and acting more normal. Then she started crying and wanted to eat. We think it was mucus but we are going to see a dr today to get her checked out again. well there goes ever sleeping for me for the rest of my life. I am glad she is ok and I know my husband and I did the right thing by calling 911. I just had to share to let it out. Thank you for "listening" 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: scary morning, ambulance and all

• Options
    Thank God your LO is fine. I can't imagine how scared you were. Hope it never happens again.
  • Options
    yea it was aweful I had to have my husband call 911 bc i was crying and they would have never understood me
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry you had to go through that. I am glad your sweet baby has such great parents. I hope everything checks out okay today and you never have to experience this again. You could try an angel care monitor or snuza when you are ready so that you can get some sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So glad the baby is okay! It sounds like you did everything right, just like they told us to do in our baby class, but thankfully we have not had that kind of scare.

Have a blessed day!

• Options

Phew, glad she's OK!

My DD did that in the hospital - she had a lot of mucus.  I freaked out and hit the nurse call button and said she wasn't breathing and about 20 people came flying into my room.  She puked up a bunch of green stuff and has been fine since!  

• Options
    How scary! I don't know how I would have reacted. I'm always afraid i'm going to sleep throughsomething. I'm happy your LO is alright!
  • Options
    imagejillybean222:

Phew, glad she's OK!

My DD did that in the hospital - she had a lot of mucus.  I freaked out and hit the nurse call button and said she wasn't breathing and about 20 people came flying into my room.  She puked up a bunch of green stuff and has been fine since!  

OP glad she's okay. That's super scary.

My LO did the same thing in the hospital and it was horrible. Everyone came running in and she puked all this green slime. The next day when the pedi came in he tipped her on her side over the sink and smacked her hard. She choked again but a bunch of crap came out and she's been fine ever since.

• Options
    OH my gosh... I am glad shes ok. Keep us posted on the dr's appointment. Poor baby!
  • Options
    Wow -- that would really freak me out. Glad your LO is OK.
  • Options
    Wow!!! That is the biggest fear of probably every mother out there. I'm sorry you went through that.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options

imagelreginaw87:
    yea it was aweful I had to have my husband call 911 bc i was crying and they would have never understood me

I can only imagine! So glad that she is okay! 

• Options
    That is terrifying!!  I'm so glad she is okay.  Good job, Mom and Dad. 
  • Options
    I just cried reading this. OMG how horrifying that had to have been. I'm so glad that everything is okay.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So scary! I'm glad your LO is okay. I would have been a mess too. I second getting an angelcare or Snuza. I used Angelcare with my DS and it gave me so much peace of mind. I'm thinking I am going to buy a Snuza for DD.
  • Options
    That would scare the sh!t outta me. So glad everything is okay! 

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"