Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

It just hurts...

My husband and I were TTC for 6 months. We found out we were pregnant Sunday, and miscarried on Thursday.

It's so hard and it just hurts. I miss everything that I was looking forward to, but will not experience with this baby. Everyone is being supportive and loving, but right now I'm just tired of hearing that "it's meant to be," "you'll get pregnant again," "it's ok." No, it's not ok.

To make matters worse, I'm a high school English teacher, and there are so many kids pregnant who could care less. Seems like everything on tv, radio, etc. is about either being pregnant or having a newborn.

I just don't know how to get back to normal.

Re: It just hurts...

• I wish I could help, but I don't know how to get back to normal either. I am hoping the passage of time will ease the pain. Just wanted you to know you're not alone.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mother to DD, born sleeping on 9/28/11, and DS, born 3/12/13, 5lbs 13oz, 19in
  • I don't know either. It's been a week and I am really struggling. I think my DH is ready for us to get back to where we were before, but I honestly feel like an entirely different person. I am having a really difficult time being around pregnant people or babies so I understand where you are coming from there.

I am so sorry for your loss and wish I had something to say to help.

TTC #1 since Aug 2010 * BFP Aug 2011, EDD April 16 2012 * MMC @ 7w5d, D&C @ 10w5d
    BFP Apr 2012, EDD Dec 19 2012 * twin h/b at 6wk, 9wk scan * Baby A lost at 12wks
    Baby B was my rainbow born at 36wks on Nov 27 2012

Lilypie - (kqKn)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePittPurple:

I don't know either. It's been a week and I am really struggling. I think my DH is ready for us to get back to where we were before, but I honestly feel like an entirely different person. I am having a really difficult time being around pregnant people or babies so I understand where you are coming from there.

I am so sorry for your loss and wish I had something to say to help.

This!  I feel the exact same way.  I was wondering if it was weird that I have been avoiding social contact with people.  Being at work is hard enough....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry for you and your husband's loss. It seems no one knows what to say to us. Give yourself time; you'll get there. It hasn't been long since you said goodbye. Give yourself this time to grieve. Don't worry about what others say or think. This is a time when you and your husband just need to be there for each other. You'll have your good days... but you'll also have those bad days that sneak up on you. I've found it best to not fight the bad days and just let the tears fall. Sometimes we all just need a release.

The ladies here are very supportive and understand what you are going through. Thinking of you. ((hugs)) 

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
    "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
    --Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
    IVF Round 1:
    3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
    16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
    5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
  • I understand avoiding social contact. My husband had a camping trip this weekend and he wouldn't let me stay at the house by myself. I went to dinner with my mom and sister and felt like I was going to cry the whole time!

If there was just something to blame I think it would be better. But there wasn't, just like there wasn't anything to say good bye to. We told our church and that helped a lot.

• I am very sorry for your loss.  Please know that things will get better in time.  You will never fully get back to the old you, but you will be able to work your way towards a new you.  A stronger you. 

It has been 3 months since my loss and everyday gets a little easier.  Most days I am OK, but there are still days of sadness.

The only advise I can really give is this...  Allow yourself to grieve and talk about it when you can.  Don't bottle up your feelings.  If you can't do it at home, write it here.  That is what we are here for.  Find things that you enjoy to do and make yourself feel better.  For me, I started runnning.  It was the only thing that made me feel free.  Now, I tear apart things around the house, like attempt to create a garden, paint that room you have been avoiding....  anything that can keep me looking forward.

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"