Northern California Babies

Child missing her daycare teacher?

When DD started her daycare she had a teacher, L. I notice that at one point, DD started not liking school so much and I asked about L, turned out she had left abruptly, I think I posted about that, I was peeved that they didn't let me know. Well DD still talks about her as if she is there. Now DD just turned 2 so it's not like she really knows what she is saying all the time but we were talking about school, and I said "did you read books?" and she said "I read books with Mia(her little friend)" and I said "Did you hold hands with Mia?" and she says "I holded hands with Leticia (the teacher that left a while back)" She talks about her now and then "I will see Leticia at school" etc. I feel so bad for her. I just say "you really miss Leticia don't you?" "I miss her too" etc. Is there anything else I should be doing? 

It seems the other teacher in her class turned over too so I barely feel like I know either of them. I have very little time to spend there while she is at school  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Child missing her daycare teacher?

• I have been thinking about this post. I have 2 thoughts on this. One children need to learn that they will many teachers. The second is that my nephews call all cats Toby and all dogs Greta. At least at her age they did. It was like they were not ready to learn the names of new animals. However I am not really sure of anything that could help.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm not sure her talking about her means she misses her at this age. Only because when DD started preschool, there were about 4 boys in her class that I knew she played with. We'd ask her the normal questions, what did you do, who did you play with, and for months she'd answer Pierce. Then one day it dawned on me that I hadn't seen Pierce for a while. And i checked and his cubby was gone and he'd clearly not been at school for months. I don't know why she was fixated on his name or whatnot but she was!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.K&C:

I'm not sure her talking about her means she misses her at this age. Only because when DD started preschool, there were about 4 boys in her class that I knew she played with. We'd ask her the normal questions, what did you do, who did you play with, and for months she'd answer Pierce. Then one day it dawned on me that I hadn't seen Pierce for a while. And i checked and his cubby was gone and he'd clearly not been at school for months. I don't know why she was fixated on his name or whatnot but she was!

That's funny. I think she does miss her, but also may just like her name too. Hard to know.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS just recently changed from a in home DCP to a nanny situation.  He misses his old DCP and even before leaving her care, he would ask to go to her house on my days off once in a while.  I think it's just a little attachment that will fade.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"