February 2012 Moms

Car seat shopping

Ugh.  I haven't really reviewed car seats yet so thought I would start.  Now the question is WHERE?  Where can you find the safety ratings where you don't have to sign up for something.  All I'm finding are reviews.  

Re: Car seat shopping

• You can't read the full safety ratings, but the Baby Bargains book has a pretty detailed description of what the tests are and what the results of those tests are.  It even goes so far as to explain exactly what happened with particular recalls, etc. 
    11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • Consumerreports.org. You have to pay to have access to their sight, but it has cribs, car seats, play yards  and all sorts of baby and every type of car and household item you can think of. My mother doesn't buy anything without reviewing it on there.

• Loading the player...
  • My mom did all the research for me on safety and best brands...My travel system just came in yesterday :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used www.lucieslist.com I am getting the Graco Snugride
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Consumer Reports has tons of ratings on car seats but I also found out that you can go into Babies R Us and they have recent safety ratings on their products too.  You just have to ask the staff.

It can be so confusing though!  I still can't decide between a four or five point harness system... at least there's time on our side!  Good luck!

Psalm 127:3 Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. (NLT)
  • I liked Baby Bargains much better than Consumer Reports when I was researching while pregnant with DD. I haven't looked recently though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"