May 2012 Moms

Are you happy with the month of May.. or would you have preferred your baby been born another month?

I am happy to be having any baby... but had I chosen a month.. I would have picked a fall b-day for a baby. That way they would be one of the older ones in school. May is part of the younger crowd for school kids.. not as bad as a summer birthday, but not too far off.

I know I am odd for thinking of these things.....

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Are you happy with the month of May.. or would you have preferred your baby been born another month?

• My birthday, my father's birthday, our wedding anniversary and the EDD, let alone Mother's Day are all within one month, so I would have preferred the kid having a birthday a little further away from all the other holidays.  Age-wise, our cut-offs are November, so LO would be in the middle of the pack.

I am looking forward to having lots of lovely things to do during the first year outside in the nice weather and not being pregnant during the summer.  So lots of trade-offs! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I loved being one of the youngest in my class (June birthday)! I always felt bad for the kids who were the older ones in their class. I think May is just about ideal, but my DH doesn't like that he has to miss an event at the end of April and end of May because of me possibly being in labor (they're things you travel to that you have to commit to early). So I guess another month might have been better for him. I'd have loved a February birthday so we got pregnant the first month we tried ;) But other than that, I think May is just about perfect! No heavy baby in there warming me up in summer, a present right before my birthday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I already have one May baby. It was so fun to dress him up in the summer time because itty bitty summer clothes are super cute. I also liked that I wasn't worried that he was super cold because of the winter/fall cool air. 

I love having a spring/early summer baby. SOOOO much cute stuff. 

ETA: Also Halloween was so much fun because we could actually take him out and he interacted with everyone. Plus Christmas was a blast. He was able to tear open the presents, giggle, and throw the paper around.

May babies are perfect Smile 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelovetohike:

I am happy to be having any baby... but had I chosen a month.. I would have picked a fall b-day for a baby. That way they would be one of the older ones in school. May is part of the younger crowd for school kids.. not as bad as a summer birthday, but not too far off.

I know I am odd for thinking of these things.....

There was an article in the NYT last week about holding kids back so they'll be older. The takeway: it's not always a good idea, and not always necessary.

As someone who always had a birthday after the start of the school year, and who survived being one of the youngest, I think May is just fine.

I'm hiding from my local boards!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS was born September 18th and our cute off for school is September 6th.  He will be one of the oldest kids in his class.  It is hard right now since he can not go to Preschool until next year and he has a cousin who was born in August the year after him and they will be in the same grade even though he is almost a whole year older. 

I like May because when DS was born it was starting to to get too cool to take him for walks etc.  Live in the Midwest.  We really couldnt take him for a walk until the following Spring.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've very happy with May because we only have one other birthday in our family this month...besides mothers day. When we try again i want to try for a September baby next! haha
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• imagetheresat858:

I want a baby any month that I can have a healthy baby to take home. 

That is all.

Me too.
  • I'm just excited tha I'm pregnant.

but may will be perfect for us. DH will be finishing his school year, so he'll be around to help a lot. It's just starting to get nice in Nj in may so, it'll be great to be outside again. Also, it's the perfect time to start walking off all the baby weight ;).

• I am thrilled to have a May baby. We planned it that way and were so lucky to get pregnant as soon as we started trying. I'm a teacher, and I did not want to take a full 3 months of leave in the middle of the school year, and then have to come back to an out of control class. This way I'm just taking the last month of school off, and then I have the whole summer. It works perfectly for us.

Plus I love the fact that my baby will be a newborn in the spring and summer, instead of the cold fall and winter. I would feel more nervous taking him out all the time in that cold weather when he was so tiny. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I was supposed to have a baby in December but had a m/c so I will very happily take a May baby. I'm also a teacher so it works out great for maternity leave.
  • imagejennyann28:
    imagetheresat858:

That is all.

Me too.

I'm with you. Although, May turns out to be a perfect month for us to have a baby, so I do feel especially blessed. The weather will be getting nice here in NJ, I work in schools and can extend my maternity leave b/c I can combine it with summer break, and my DH (who is a college professor) will have just finished his semester and be home for the summer. We're very lucky.

• Where I teach, Fall birthdays are some of the youngest in the grade... we do January to December.

I love the idea of May. That way I'm not stuck inside due to cold weather when I'll be home on maternity leave.

• imageARenee3:

I am thrilled to have a May baby. We planned it that way and were so lucky to get pregnant as soon as we started trying. I'm a teacher, and I did not want to take a full 3 months of leave in the middle of the school year, and then have to come back to an out of control class. This way I'm just taking the last month of school off, and then I have the whole summer. It works perfectly for us.

Plus I love the fact that my baby will be a newborn in the spring and summer, instead of the cold fall and winter. I would feel more nervous taking him out all the time in that cold weather when he was so tiny. 

I feel the same way on most of this! Our ideal thought was March so I could go out of of school for leave and then have the summer too, but I am very happy with how it all worked out. I will only be missing one month of school. I will return to start the new year in September.  

August 2015 January Siggy: Favorite Mean Girl

*BFP #1 9/10/11 Natural m/c 11/1/11 at 11 weeks, 5 days*
    *Diagnosed as unexplained infertility*
    *BFP #2 12/6/14 after IUI#2 Hopeful! EDD 8/14/15*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • May is popular in our family. Wedding ann., siblings' birthdays, Mother's Day, cousin's birthday. Theres a lot going on for us. I wouldnt change it for the world.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Would have been happy with any month.  But I do love May.  My husband and I both have Spring birthdays as well.  I work for a school so I will have to take only a few weeks off before summer vacation!
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
    Due Date May 13!
  • imageARenee3:

I am thrilled to have a May baby. We planned it that way and were so lucky to get pregnant as soon as we started trying. I'm a teacher, and I did not want to take a full 3 months of leave in the middle of the school year, and then have to come back to an out of control class. This way I'm just taking the last month of school off, and then I have the whole summer. It works perfectly for us.

All of this!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a teacher, too, so this is near perfect timing. :)
    image image

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I am a teacher, so it works really well with my maternity leave! :)  But also my 1 year wedding Anniversary is May 10... and my EDD is May 3rd.  Funny timing ;)  We literally got pregnant about 2 months after the honeymoon, oops!

BUT who cares?!!  I just hope I have a healthy baby.  That's all I want.   

• I'm looking forward to having a newborn when the weather is actually nice outside so we're not stuck indoors. I'm also glad that for the last trimester we'll be out of the winter months, so I won't have to be feeling huge and gross and also have to deal with scraping ice/snow off the car, walking in big heavy boots, etc. 

May also doesn't feel that far off! (Surprisingly!) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • It took us a year to stay pregnant this far so I am excited to have a baby any month.  I think May will be great b/c living in the MW it gets very cold so I won't have to worry about that and the ice until the baby is a little older. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • There are pros and cons to each month. I am happpy with May, would havebeen happy with Jan. I just feel blessed to have gotten pregnant so quickand to (so far) be having a healthy-uneventful pregnancy. I will take a babyhome to snuggle and love on any time of year!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagetheresat858:

That is all.

Agreed! Yes

• We live in Florida, so I'm happy that I won't be huge during the hottest months! Our anniversary is May 30 so that is also special. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son's birthday is May 1, and this baby's due date is May 7. If I could choose, I wouldn't have birthdays so close together, but we'll try to make it fun. Other than that, I wouldn't change it at all. I loved being pregnant through the winter and due in Spring with my son. It's nice to be able to get outside with a newborn and to not be worried about flu/RSV season for awhile. And my husband is a teacher, so he had summer break soon after DS was born.

When we originally started TTC, I wanted to have a Fall baby. However, it took us over a year and a half to get pregnant, so I'm just thrilled to be pregnant. :)

• Well, the honest truth is that it is unlikely I will deliver in May - if I make it full term, I will deliver shortly after, which is late April.

Spring is a nice time to be born for a lot of reasons (both my husband and I are spring babies).  Less illness that newborns are exposed to, older and engaged babies during the holidays. . .  

It's the absolute latest I can be out at work, and honestly the timing at work is awful.  My first was due in January and while that is not my favorite month, that was the ideal time for me to have a baby with my work.  But you know, if this is the baby we get to bring home alive, I'll take him/her whenever he/she comes.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Nope, I am THRILLED to be having a spring baby! My DS was a winter baby and that was very very difficult for me. We had a long snowy winter so I was stuck inside till April. I love that I will be able to take my newborn outside for walks and such. I think May is the perfect month.
  • Very happy with May!! I am a teacher so its a great time to have a baby! also I like spring. I have a late June Birthday and always loved it, Big pool parties growing up and its the perfect time to go on vacation! This year for my 30th I went to Punta Cana and it was right after school let out and before summer school started! There are not any May birthdays in my family either!!
    imageimageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm thrilled to have a May baby. I'm also a teacher, so I echo the excitement of the summer off. I also love the warm weather for a newborn, like many PP mentioned. I'm also excited about it because we DON'T have many May birthdays in our family, so it's fun to have a new reason to celebrate!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Blog: One Emerald
    BFP#1: 9-13-11 EDD: 5-26-12 MMC: 11-4-11 D&C: 11-8-11
    BFP#2: 7-6-12 Elizabeth Faye ("Zuzu") born 3-21-13
  • It's easy to forget that most of y'all don't live down here.  I was scratching my head for a second about all the nice weather comments.  It's nice in early May, but already starting to heat up down here.  Summer is the worst time of the year, not at all conducive to nice walks, and my friends had trouble dressing young babies in the summer because of the indoor/outdoor differences. 

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

My Blog

• I would have been happy with any month...as long as we bring a baby home, but I could not be any more thrilled about May.  I am also a teacher and now I don't have to finish the school year.   We also don't have to be pregnant in the heat of the summer!  I am a hot-natured person who sweats easily...so I am glad that baby will be on the outside for June, July and August. 

Also...DH was born in January and I was in December....now the birthday fun can be spread out.  There's more to look forward to throughout the year. 

Lol...I don't think anything about my pregnancy would bring me down right now...

imageimage BabyFruit Ticker For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11
  • When we first TTC, I thought the month mattered.  I wanted an October baby.  Well, I lost that baby in late February, and then another in June.

Unfortunately, it took me losses to realize how little the "perfect" month matters.  Who cares when their birthday is as long as they have one? 

• Oh it does work out nice for teachers for sure!!

I liked hearing about the baby being smiley for Halloween and being a good age for Christmas.. that is fun!

Like I said in my first sentence.. I am happy with any baby. ( and feel very blessed to be having a baby)

Summer is incredibly brutal where I live. Many days are over 110. Babies can't wear sunscreen until 6 months, and really it is too hot to be outside. I will have some juggling to do. We have a pool and my DS LOVES swimming. It is hot to have a baby outside though.. too hot. But, we will likely be moving to another state and the summer will be very nice there. ( winters.. not so much! LOL)

May is nice in that DS will be around the baby for 2 months before he starts Kindergarten. So that part will be very nice.

I like the idea of it not being cold/ flu season... Good point!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DH is May baby, so he's very excited to passing down that legacy, haha. My grandmother was also a May baby, so I think that's special. I'm so close to April, though, that the kid could easily end up there. I'm just happy I don't have to be pregnant during the summer. It is unfortunate though that while I'm trying to lose the baby weight it will be over 100 degrees. Oh well! At least I can wear dresses!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Absolutely thrilled for a May baby! Couldn't have been more perfect. As a teacher having an extended Maternity leave is very exciting. My grandmother's birthday is in May as well so I'm excited that our LO will share a birthday month with her! 

• I was really hoping for an October baby.. I really LOVE fall.. Plus my SOs daughters birthday is the day after my due date.. what are the odds of that?
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • I am immensely happy with May. My last due date was August and I was so hot I wanted to die. 
    Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagetheresat858:

That is all.

This. I couldnt care less what month it's born.
  • Bump Burp.  'scuse me. :)
  • I'm just so thrilled to be pregnant, that I don't care what month I'm due!  Maybe with the next one(s), we will think about this stuff.  But for now, we'll take any month that we get to bring home a healthy baby!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • We planned on May so I wouldn't change a thing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"