Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&E Went Well, now just really weepy (son mentioned)

Had D&E on Thursday and other than being really tired for the rest of the day that day, I feel fine. No bleeding, no pain. The entire procedure, from check in to check out, was smooth and just great (not that I'd sign up again, but everyone was so nice, made sure I had all my questions answered, made sure I was comfortable, made sure my husband was doing ok, etc).

Today I just can't stop crying though. I thought I was over the emotional stuff. I know it will still sneak up on me occasionally (this is my second loss, so not a new experience), but this is just crazy! My son's 5th birthday is tomorrow, and we are having a party with some of his friends. I don't know how I'm going to get through it. Maybe if I just stay busy I'll be ok. Right now I just want to have a big break down and just be done with it, but I feel like I can't. I want to be back to normal.

Re: D&E Went Well, now just really weepy (son mentioned)

• I'm so sorry!  :(  I have a son too and just try and distract yourself with "his" day and deal w/ the emotions afterwards.  I know this isn't easy (just had my 4th loss--D&C was last week).  I'm very sorry that you are going through this :(
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 1st m/c July 2008, 2nd m/c December 2008, Baby boy born in 2009!, 3rd m/c (c/p) June 2011, 4th m/c September 2011
  • I'm sorry for what you're going through.  I'm on my second round of Cytotec tonight since my u/s follow up showed some small tissue (or clots) left still.  It's been over 3 weeks since we found out that we were losing our pregnancy and I am still surprised when my emotions take over me.  I can still cry loud and hard like I just found out.  I also have children (one is mine and one is my DH's, both from previous relationships), and I am so thankful that they are healthy.  I just try to remind myself that there must have been a reason that my body didn't allow this pregnancy to go to term.  It is still difficult to cope with because my DH and I were so excited, as this was to be our first child together.  I hope that things get back to somewhere near normal soon.  I have a hard time telling people about it that don't know yet.  Today at the pharmacy a friend of mine, that works there, congratulated my DH and I and I lost it.  I wouldn't wish this situation on my worst enemy.  I had no idea that sometimes a miscarriage can last for weeks.  I thought that it happened and was done.  I was not aware that you could find out at the doctor's office that you had to make plans for a miscarriage. 

Also, we had my son's b-day party a week after we found out we were going to lose the pregnancy...you can do it, just take it easy.  I think it helps to focus on the child that you do have...to see them so happy.  It was good for me.  I was still emotional, but happy to see my kids having a good time.  I don't want them feeding too much off of my emotions right now.  

((Hugs)) to you....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry you have had to go through this. I am going through something similar, and I wish to feel normal again so bad....

I found out Sept 19 at my 3 month ultrasound that I was carrying twins. But that they had no heartbeats and had passed away at 8 weeks. No bleeding, no cramping, no idea. We have been devastated. They couldn't schedule the D and E until the 28th. After the first couple of days I was doing ok. I had stopped crying and was carrying on with regular activities and went back to work. Since the D and E all I want to do is sleep and cry. I have been crying so hard my body keeps trying to throw up. I feel like my heart is broken and that I am empty.

My doctor had warned me that because my hormones were still so high during the pregnancy that after the D and E they would drop off very quick. I just didn't expect not being able to control when and where I cry.

I hope the party goes well tomorrow. I have found that being busy helps a little, but the pain is always there.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I am so sorry.  For all of us.  Sad
    * TTC since 2010; Me-36, DH-40
    * Diagnosis of PCOS in 2011 (suspected since teens)
    * Miscarraige September 2011; XY with Trisomy 15
    *November 2011 - January 2012 - 3 cycles of Femora - BFN x 3
    * 2/12 and 4/12 Tamoxifen - no response
    Planned to start Follistim for COH August '12 but...
    Surprise!! BFP! And it's a girl!!

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 5:9
    baby d'oh, no ID
    D'Oh!
  • I'm sorry you are going through this. Children's birthday parties are so difficult for someone who has just experienced a loss. I hope today goes okay for you. :)
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
    "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
    --Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
    IVF Round 1:
    3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
    16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
    5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"