February 2012 Moms

Dear Self, Relax. It's just stuff. (Registry-related)

This is my reminder to myself as I have been working on our baby registry.  There is this crazy kind of end-all-be-all feeling to creating a registry, but I needed some reality-checking for myself.  As I started to feel a little overwhelmed, I decided to take a step back and take a deep breath and then made a little list.

Things to remember:

1. The stores do not disappear off the planet off baby arrives.  I can always get something later if I realize I need it, even if I have to order it online in a half-sleep-induced daze at 3 a.m. and pay for faster shipping.  Plus, Grandma really, really wants to be helpful, so she would totally pick up anything we needed.

2. Just because I picked something out for the registry, it doesn't mean I'm stuck with it.  Things can be returned.  And if baby doesn't like something and I can't return it, it can be forgotten, sold or replaced.  

3. I do not need to research every last itty-bitty item my child will use.  I can use my best judgment right there, on the spot, in the store.  The world will still be here tomorrow and my child will very likely survive my impulsive decision-making!

4. Relax.  Seriously.  It's just stuff. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

Re: Dear Self, Relax. It's just stuff. (Registry-related)

• I give myself the same sort of mental reminders as I enter Registry Manic Mode.  My favorite personal mantra? Six Words: Amazon Prime Free Two-Day Shipping.

Another tip... a lot of big box stores (BBB and BRU) will take back opened items so long as you have the original packaging and a receipt.  So if your baby absolutely hates that swing?  Return it for store credit, so long as it's still clean!   

11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • Lol I've been having the same anxiety with this registry....I was able to put it off until we found out the sex but now I feel so much pressure to get it done.  I am constantly reading reviews and getting advice from friends, etc....and I feel like it's so hard to find what I'm looking for on some items....but "it's just stuff"...Cool you couldn't be more correct.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"