Stay at Home Moms

probably a silly first-time mom question

when does the food throwing phase stop? Tongue Tied

It's generally when he's getting full and bored - and I take it away once he starts, but still - it's getting seriously old. 

I try to get him to tell me (or even show me) all done, but he's not really talking yet - and instead decides to throw his food on the floor.  Argh. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: probably a silly first-time mom question

• when he starts- take the food away IMMEDIATELY like you are doing- and ask ALL DONE? and wipe your hands back and forth while you say all done.

just be consistent- don't give any additional attention/say anything else. just remove tray and ask all done?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageStacyc625:

when he starts- take the food away IMMEDIATELY like you are doing- and ask ALL DONE? and wipe your hands back and forth while you say all done.

just be consistent- don't give any additional attention/say anything else. just remove tray and ask all done?

thanks.  I know he'll grow out of it eventually (or at least I hope!) I just get flustered feeling like I'm constantly cleaning up - he's like a little tornado running through my house!  I think he's noticed me getting flustered a few times and it's just emphasized the behavior...I think I need to work on staying 'cool and collected' more and - as you said - consistent!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"