June 2011 Moms

PP sex

I know the answer will be different for everyone but... will it ever feel good again? DH and I have DTD probably 8 or so times since my appt and it has hurt a decent amount every time and so not enjoyable. It is a bit better with me on top but still doesn't feel good at all. We went slow and used lube but still no good. Ugh will I ever enjoy sex again!  --- I did tear 8 stiches (2 outside 6 inside)

Image and video hosting 
by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PP sex

• For me it feels better now than it ever has.
    D13 June Siggy Challenge Awkward (Awesome) Bathing Suits
    photo d5230f4f-07cc-4b75-b11c-da060b42a66d.jpg
  • It got better after about 3 weeks of doing it but we still had to go slow in the beginning up until recently. Yesterday was the first time we did not have to use lube. I hear lube is pretty normal with BF'ing though. So yes, it's better now. 100% back to normal? More like 90%...we still have to ease in a tiny bit more than before.

oh an I had a 2nd degree tear. No idea how many stitches.

• Loading the player...
  • I ripped internally.. I also was cut.  I have no idea how many stitches I had.. but it still hurts and I def hafta ease into it.  I used to love sex, but not so much now.  I think a lot of it is that it is the last thing on my mind now :)   Hopefully it will get better.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I had over 20 stitches and a 4th degree tear.  Crying  It has just recently started to get better, but we still need lube and it is nowhere near 100%.  Some positions are still not happening.  Baby will be 4 months old on Sunday and we BF, too.
  • I havent enjoyed any part of sex since LO arrived. Granted, we have only tried a couple times but it's been so uncomfortable those times it makes me not want to even attempt again. (Hence the only couple tries.) I also tore and required quite a few stitches...not sure the exact amount.

• I had to have an episiotomy (sp?), and everything healed nicely.  No pain really during sex but I'm still not into it ...at. all.

For me it's an emotional/mood thing.  My body feels like a big milk factory with various parts that don't look like they used to.  Needless to say, I don't feel sexy whatsoever and sex kinda feels like a chore at the moment.  It's kinda sad because we had an amazing sex life.  I'm hoping this is a phase and it will pass.  Maybe when I get my body headed back to where it was and I'm not so sleep deprived....

June 2011 Mamas October Siggy Challenge - Then & Now Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagePhlenin:

sex kinda feels like a chore at the moment.  

Yeah I feel this way too but that could be because it just doesn't feel good. My Dr. didn't tell me what degree tear I had but the # of stiches lol.

Image and video hosting 
by TinyPic

• I didn't tear and sex still doesn't feel good to me.  :(  We use lots of lube and go slow too.  I'm so glad to know that i"m not the only one. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagePhlenin:

For me it's an emotional/mood thing.  My body feels like a big milk factory with various parts that don't look like they used to.  Needless to say, I don't feel sexy whatsoever and sex kinda feels like a chore at the moment.  It's kinda sad because we had an amazing sex life.  I'm hoping this is a phase and it will pass.  Maybe when I get my body headed back to where it was and I'm not so sleep deprived....

exactly this.  and i assure you that it does get better after awhile.  right now we're just so biologically in-tune with our babies that sex isn't a big need. but once the baby phase passes, things in the bedroom will get back to normal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was wondering the same thing.  Last time I tried was a month ago and it still hurt so bad we had to stop.  Now I am afraid to attempt it and have no sex drive.  Poor DH!  
  • imagehckygrl909:
    For me it feels better now than it ever has.

This for me too.  

Also we haven't ever used lube but we do a LOT of foreplay.  Oh and I had an episiotomy, don't know how many stiches.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • same here poor DH  I will say I get the mood back for a short second here and there so thats a good sign but with the last time hurting it just scares me to try again. I had a 3rd degree tare and was stitched up in at least 3 other places no idea how many stitches. I'm think as our little one gets more indipendant the sex drive will change.

sorry for the bad typing/spelling/grammer etc. have a wiggly talky baby sitting on me as I type

• I had a second degree episiotomy. We didn't try it until about 5 wks pp and used alot of lube.

We used more than we thought we should, but it made it feel alot better - if you don't use enough, it still really hurts.

It hurt the first couple of times, but it has gotten alot better. Now its some of the best sex I've ever had! We still use lube everytime though.

We do it at least once/week now. So maybe you just have to keep working at it? 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMare0527:

imagehckygrl909:

This for me too.  

Also we haven't ever used lube but we do a LOT of foreplay.  Oh and I had an episiotomy, don't know how many stiches.

How do you have the patience or energy for foreplay right now?! It's not terribly uncomfy for me anymore but if it seems like it will take more than 5 minutes, I just don't think I can keep my eyes open that long...and that's not to say DH isn't that good, I'm just THAT exhausted right now. Not to mention like PP, I just don't feel sexy right now. Sad 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • imageLollyBug18:
    imageMare0527:

imagehckygrl909:

This for me too.  

How do you have the patience or energy for foreplay right now?! It's not terribly uncomfy for me anymore but if it seems like it will take more than 5 minutes, I just don't think I can keep my eyes open that long...and that's not to say DH isn't that good, I'm just THAT exhausted right now. Not to mention like PP, I just don't feel sexy right now. Sad 

I'm a big believer in fake it til you make it. Sometimes I'm really tired and not in the mood, but as soon as we start fooling around, things pick right up. I really think it is good for our relationship, as sometimes the only couple time we have time for is just enough for a quickie. My stomach is jiggly jelly-like, my boobs are leaky saggy horrible looking, but my husband really couldn't care less, I can almost guarantee that not many do, as long as they are getting some.

D13 June Siggy Challenge Awkward (Awesome) Bathing Suits
    photo d5230f4f-07cc-4b75-b11c-da060b42a66d.jpg
  • I am usually a fake it to ya make it girl myself that is why we have kept tryng at least once a week. Still hurts though Tongue Tied glad I am not alone.

Image and video hosting 
by TinyPic

• It took probably 10 times before it started to feel normal for me again.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didnt tear, but I was cut. And had stitches not for sure how many. Sex is definately not normal. But it gets better every time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"