Success after IF

Just got a letter from Insurance company Ugh

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO Illinois and they use WIN Fertility.  I was referred by my OBGYN back to the RE and my first appt was Sept 6th.  I got my suprise BFP on Sept 20th confirmed by blood test Sept 21st.  My OB can not see me until the RE releases me.  Saw the RE on the 28th for first u/s and scheduled for second one on October 5th. 

So the letter tells me that they are they have received a request for authorizing services and have not received adequate information to authorize the services and my case has been closed.  They have a faxed a copy of the letter to my Primary care physician which they state the name of the RE. 

I tried calling and they are not open until Monday.  I do not have the written release from the RE Dr. so I can not make an appt with my OB until I am given the written releaase.

Would you just go to the RE on Wednesdat get the ultrasound and ask for the release?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just got a letter from Insurance company Ugh

• I guess I am kind of confused.   I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to make an appt with your ob/gyn since he/she is your primary care doctor and you didn't even use RE services to get pg.   If the insurance company hasn't authorized services, wouldn't you have to pay for the RE u/s visits?    Insurance companies confuse me. 
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Same here with confussion.  I called both the RE and the OB when I got my BFP.  The RE office said I had to come in for a beta and they would confirm Pregnancy.  The OB office said I can not return to them for the pregnancy since I started seeing the RE and testing had begun.  The HMO would need them to receive a release from the RE.

When I went in for my first beta the RE office told me that I would be with them until around 10 weeks and then they would release me to the OB. 

Now I get this letter from the wonderful Insurance company telling me they can not authorize and they are releasing me and sending the letter to my primary care which they name as my RE Dr not my OB. 

I am going to call on Monday and find out exactly what I am suppose to do.  I have low Progesterone so they are continuing to monitor that at the RE office and they want to do a ultrasound on Wednesday that was what they told me this Wednesday.  I am on Crinone. 

I dont know the crazy insurance company.  Hopefully I will get some answers on Monday if not, I will just go to the RE on Wednesday and hope for the best.  The most important thing is the baby right now so if I end up having to pay out of pocket so be it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagewife07mom09:

If you know expect a bill.

personally I would not see a RE if I got pregnant on my own 

We went to the RE when we got pregnant unassisted with Gwen. He gave me some extra monitoring, and I completely credit him catching my low progesterone. (4 at the time of my first beta) He was aggressive by putting me on PIO, and I whole heartedly believe that saved the pregnancy.  He also gave me u/s on his "IF schedule" so weekly until 10 weeks. It was SOOOO reassuring, and coverage or not, I think my sanity depended on that. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"