December 2011 Moms

NBR - Drug bust at our condo complex

So glad we're moving back in this weekend.  Just found out from my upstairs neighbor that they arrested 1 resident and 2 of his friends tonight in a cocaine/heroin bust (the kid it totally sketchy - he's been living with his grandmother for years but they haven't been able to catch him even though they knew he had some drug activity going on in the unit).

Not sure if I'm glad to be moving in after they were arrested, or frustrated to be moving back in at all because of the steady decline in the quality of the residents in the complex....

Of course, they're values have plummeted since I bought it so I'm stuck, and I can't even rent it to cover the mortgage and condo fees.  Guess we're dealing with it for a year or so. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NBR - Drug bust at our condo complex

• Wow. That's nuts.  At least those guys are out of there now and if they were living with the guy's grandma they probably don't have money for bail or is close enough to anyone to have them post bail.  I think I'd be ok moving back there unless there's more crazies around you like that.

We were told today the electrical wiring in part of our kitchen was bad and could have started a fire, this coming from maintenance who came to look at our microwave when it blew.  I kinda don't feel safe with anything plugged in.

• Yea, I'm glad they're finally arrested.  They had been finding some drug paraphernalia (needles and whatnot) around the complex in the past few months, which prompted the management company to hire a private security firm with dog to patrol at random times in hopes of deterring/catching them. 

We've known all along who it was, just did not have the proof.  Glad they finally got them (and hopefully there's no one else!)

That's crazy about your wiring!  I'd be worried about plugging things in too.  Did they say they are going to have someone come fix it? (I'd definitely push for that!)

In doing the structural repairs/cosmetic fixes they've been doing the past 2 months, we found a moldy lower wall that was coming from a leak in our central heat/ac unit (but I'm pretty sure it's not from our unit, more likely to be coming from one of the 2 units above us because they all drain into our utility closet and ours has been off since we moved out in early August - no problems before that).   The management company is getting a plumber out to look at it and they are repairing the wall, hopefully the damage isn't minimal enough that they can just cut out and replace the bad dry wall.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We ran into drug issues at our apartment complex too, but we kinda live in the ghetto area of our city so it wasn't too surprising.

DH didn't tell me until I got home and then I flipped sh!t about it.  I unplugged everything.  He said when maintenance came up they fixed the outlet but seeing as to how that was the 2nd outlet that fried a microwave and they are on the same circuit I think it's further into the wall, which means tearing apart out kitchen.  All I can say is it's a good thing were moving. I HATE it here in the complex were in.  Thank God we have great neighbors living below us.

We also had a mold issue, that is no fun.  Hope they get all that fixed. Stay out of the room it is in and ask them to check your HVAC system because mold could spread to the rest of your place if it has gotten in there.  When I was in college I got really sick from mold in the ceiling tiles and the HVAC unit.

• Wow, Franklin sure has changed since I left MA, I would expect in  in my home town (A-boro) but I thought Franklin was quite and happy.

Glad they were finally arrested.

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"