Nurseries and Baby Gear

Q about Amazon registry

I registered at Amazon.com, which has been great for the most part, but a few of my gifts have arrived without a packing slip or gift note so I don't know who they're from.  I haven't had my baby shower yet, so I've been avoiding the "thank you list" page because I don't want to find out who got gifts that I haven't received it yet. Is this happening to anyone else?  Can you look up the gift giver of a certain item without seeing the whole list?

I did call Amazon after the first gift without a packing slip and note, but the person I spoke to was not helpful.  I plan to call again, but just curious whether others are having the same problem.   

Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image image
The third time was the charm!
BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d

Re: Q about Amazon registry

• This happened to me with several packages.  Usually it's up to the gift giver to leave a message on the packing slip to the recipient and many forget or don't think to include it.  If it's off your registry, the thank you list is quickest way to learn the identity of the person who sent the item, but there's no way to see a limited list.  

It's even worse when you get Amazon items that are not on your registry.  The only way I was able to trace the sender was contacting Amazon (the online chat feature is fast and handy and by providing the order number, I was able to get the senders name).  

Edited: clarity

• Thanks ellewoodsSC!
    Anniversary
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
This discussion has been closed.