Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Outdated parenting advice

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Outdated parenting advice

• "Music is stimulating, period. Unless it?s Celine Dion. And then all bets are off."

lol.

Awesome article. :-)

• Feeding schedule, yup i got that one alot.. so annoying. Also the jumping on the legs im still getting!!

The most annoying is my mom keeps saying give her water you feed her to much milk... um no all she needs is milk. Errrr

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My favorite MIL advice which wasn't on the list is:  Flus and colds are caused by outdoor cold...uhhhh...noooo.  Flus and colds are caused by germs.  Not because I took my baby for a walk on a brisk fall afternoon.  The only thing you have to worry about when it comes to outdoor exposure is hyperthermia and frostbite...and those are the extremes.  I will hardly take DS outside in his onesie in February.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This made me laugh.  My dad just scanned in the Enfamil information that they sent my mom home from the hospital with (when she had me in 1974).  The nurse wrote in the notes section to "give your baby sterilized water in between feedings".  It also had a schedule of when to feed me and how much.  3 oz, 6 times a day.  1, 5 and 9 am/pm. 

I wonder what we are going to try to tell our kids one day....I wonder how much things will change by then!?!?!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"