Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

WWYD?

My neighbors (behind us) have 3 kids under 12. They are having a little party and have been pretty noisy. I almost went over there to tell them to please keep it down, but after about 15 minutes they all quieted down. They started a movie. outside. projected onto the side of their garage. The volume is full blast! (i think its Bolt) WWYD? I can hear it clear as day from my sons room. Shouldn't they put out a note saying what they are doing? I think it's pretty rude, and my son keeps asking to go outside, but now its bedtime so I hope it doesn't bother him. Ugh.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD?

• Not sure what the laws are about noise. Call the non emergency line at the police and ask them.
    BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I have a neighbor who shows movies outside all summer...except they invite everyone in the neighborhood and neighbors on both sides are okay with it.
    Bianca image.
  • Loading the player...
  • What time is it over there? If it doesn't bother your LO or disturb his sleep, I wouldn't say anything until after 11pm. And if you are going to say something, maybe ask a neighbor on the other side if they feel like it's too loud and have them go with you? Reinforcement can't hurt right? Stick out tongue

I feel your pain though. We're a super quiet household, and our neighbors are pretty loud in general.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the PP, I'd call the non-emergency line and ask the police to please go over and ask them to keep the noise to a minimum. Honestly, do they NEED to have it outside, full-blast? I'd be really PO'd.
  • It's 8pm on a Friday night, right? (guessing since it says you're in GA) If it were 11pm I'd maybe say something, but 8pm? I'd let it go. Our neighbors occasionally watch movies outdoors too so I know it can be loud, but we also have two kids that often have friends over and run around the yard being loud kids. Unless it is at unreasonable hours I consider it part of living in a neighborhood. 

Do you have any sort of white noise machine you could put on to help your DS sleep?

• yeah, I hate confrontation, too.... at least the police non-emergency allows the police to ask them nicely to keep it down....

but if you feel comfortable approaching them in a friendly way, then go for it.

but if they're asss holes about it, then they may know you called the police AFTER you asked nicely.  Just sayin.

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

• Really? You guys would call the police on your neighbors because they were watching a movie outside at 8pm?
  • I'd be annoyed at that too, but if you call the non-emergecny police line, please don't send the police over there to tell them to quiet down. I hate confrontation too, but if it were me and someone called the cops on me for a movie outside I'd be mad--esp if they didn't ask me to turn it down first.

What I'd probably do is send DH over to ask them to just turn it down a bit.

We had a similar situation on vacation this summer. We rented a condo at the beach and the ppl next door were on their deck which was RIGHT in front of our room where DD was sleeping. It was like 11 pm and the deck light was on and they were chatting away. I sent DD over and they were so kind and went inside right away.

• imagecarlab44:
    Really? You guys would call the police on your neighbors because they were watching a movie outside at 8pm?
    This! WTF? Lighten up and make the best of it. I'd try to find a good spot outside so I could let my kid watch it too. It's 8pm, not 2am.

• imageames17:
    imagecarlab44:
    Really? You guys would call the police on your neighbors because they were watching a movie outside at 8pm?
    This! WTF? Lighten up and make the best of it. I'd try to find a good spot outside so I could let my kid watch it too. It's 8pm, not 2am.
    This. If it really is too loud, just go ask them to turn it down a bit. If this is just a one time thing though, i'd just deal with it. It should only last about 2 hours.

• I asked them to turn it down and I swear they turned it up. DS has woken up twice. It's seriously ridiculous.
  • imagecarlab44:

this. really? 

• They are watching a movie at 8 on a Friday night? That doesn't sound crazy enough to be calling the police. Someday you will be the one w. the loud kids party.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Seriously?!?!  You guys want to call the police for having a party and watching a movie (outside) at 8pm or even 9pm on a Friday night?  I don't even want to know what you'd do in my neighborhood.  Personally, I would have taken DS for a walk and hope to be invited to join in.  It's a Friday and it doesn't sound like it's a regular occurrence.  If it really bothers you, go over and ask them to turn it down.  It's not the middle of the night or 2am with a bunch of teenagers.  All three of my kids were out past 8pm playing with some neighborhood kids and shrieking and everything.  They loved it.  I agree with the pp.  Someday, you'll be the ones with the loud kids having a party on a Friday night.  Just suck it up and deal or go over and talk to them if you have to.
  • It's a party. It's a movie. When you posted this it was 8:00.

I say you can get over it. Honestly there's nothing you can do, and if you DID go tell them to keep it down, I'd probably be pissed. They're not doing anything wrong.

• If it's late, call the cops.  That is what I would do.  That's so inconsiderate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"