Babies: 3 - 6 Months

4 month wakeful period

Sorry if this has been asked. I have just been so busy and barely have to go back and look for answers.  So is this when your lovely DC wakes up in the middle of the night and just talks and laughs and play?!?!  OMG! I am going crazy working and him doing this!  How long does it last?  He was a great sleeper before I went back to work....would sleep 8+ hours, eat and go back to sleep for 2-3...now it's no good and I am a walking zombie.  How long does it last?  Thanks!

Re: 4 month wakeful period

• Oh Man, good luck to you! Our LO hit the wakeful around 4 months 2 weeks old. It lasted nearly 2 weeks, it was rough! Our LO would get up random times during the night and be WIDE AWAKE! One night in particular she got up at 130 and didnt go back to bed until 5 am. I almost freaking died I was so tired!!!
  • imagegbaby26:
    Oh Man, good luck to you! Our LO hit the wakeful around 4 months 2 weeks old. It lasted nearly 2 weeks, it was rough! Our LO would get up random times during the night and be WIDE AWAKE! One night in particular she got up at 130 and didnt go back to bed until 5 am. I almost freaking died I was so tired!!!

Ugh..its been longer than 2 weeks......some nights he's fine...others he's up...this to shall pass....this too shall pass.... 

• Loading the player...
  • Are you nursing? Breastfed babies usually nurse more often (usually at night) if the mom is working. When I first went back to work, my daughter would clusterfeed as soon as I got home.

My daughter has been doing this though. She never STTN, but wakes up more often, and has several blowouts in a row. If I changed her, that would wake her up, and she'd roll around "talking" and giggling  for an hour or so.

• imageLuhdashuh:
    Ours lasted about three weeks but she was a screaming, inconsolable mess in the middle of the night. We aren't completely out of it but it's down to about 1x per week that she'll wake frequently.

This except ours lasted nearly two months!!!  If LO is just talking and playing I would say turn the monitor off/down and try to sleep.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What causes them to do this?  Our LO is not quite 4 months yet and she has been doing this on random nights.  Otherwise, she's a great sleeper and can go 10 hours through the night.  Just curious why they all of the sudden start this behavior.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageChicwed:
    What causes them to do this?  Our LO is not quite 4 months yet and she has been doing this on random nights.  Otherwise, she's a great sleeper and can go 10 hours through the night.  Just curious why they all of the sudden start this behavior.  

Usually it is related to hitting developmental milestones.

For me I think DDs "4"month wakeful period hit us early. For the last week she has been getting up every 45 minutes and staying up for about an hour, sometimes more sometimes a little less. Her daytime naps are about the same, she has 2x 15-20 minute naps, and one longer 1-2hr nap later in the evening.

I think it also hit at a growth spurt as well. Overall, it sucks and I am hoping it  passes sooner rather than later. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"