June 2012 Moms

In need of some advice PLEASE

Hi Everyone,

I'm kind of in freak out mode right now. I have a very consistent, but short 25 day cycle. This month my OPK said I ovulated on Sunday September 18th. AF should have arrived this past Monday, but nothing. Over the last few days I've had a teeny tiny bit of spotting (like 2 small spots a day). I'm assuming this is IB. I've been breaking out which is not very common for me at all. I've had no other symptoms. So right now I am 13dpo and 5 days past my expected period. I've taken several HPTs and all have come back negative. I'm super nervous and everything I read online and on the TTC boards says it's almost impossible to conceive when your luteal phase is less than 10 days (mine is 9 days).

Is it possible to miss your period for this long, yet possibly NOT be pregnant? I'm so worried that everything I read is correct and the implantation won't take place successfully. Yet, my gut is telling me I'm pregnant and I'm so freaked out that I'm wrong!

Any advice or thoughts on this? I'd appreciate any words of wisdom. I'm very new to all of this and just trying to educate myself. Thanks so much!

Re: In need of some advice PLEASE

• Do you chart?  You can have positve OPK's and then not ovulate. If you charted and had a thermal shift then you would know you definitely ovulated.  If not, I would say that you had an O fakeout and probably just O'd later than usual.
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • imageToastieSimons:
    Do you chart?  You can have positve OPK's and then not ovulate. If you charted and had a thermal shift then you would know you definitely ovulated.  If not, I would say that you had an O fakeout and probably just O'd later than usual.
    This. Yes, its possible you may be pregnant but OPKs don't tell you when you O. They tell you when your body is gearing up to O, which can take a few times due to stress and other factors. Wait a few more days and test again with FMU or wait to see if AF shows. GL to you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's hard to tell without charting. Is it possible that your cycle is different or longer this month. I'd wait a few more days and keep testing. GL to you!
  • Thanks for the responses and the well wishes. No, I have not been charting yet. We are in the very early stages of trying and just weren't there yet (kicking myself now for it!). It's definitely possible that my cycle is longer or different for some reason this month. With that being said, I came off the pill at the end of May and ever since, my cycle has been 25 days each time, almost to the hour (between 8pm-10pm). My 25th day would have been Monday evening. I know with fertility there are always surprises, etc. It's just so strange for me to be a full 5 days late. I've never been late and it just so happens I'm 5 days late the month that we really paid attention to things (OPK, CM, etc). I guess we'll see what happens. Thanks for the advice. :)
  • imagemebride0711:
    Thanks for the responses and the well wishes. No, I have not been charting yet. We are in the very early stages of trying and just weren't there yet (kicking myself now for it!). It's definitely possible that my cycle is longer or different for some reason this month. With that being said, I came off the pill at the end of May and ever since, my cycle has been 25 days each time, almost to the hour (between 8pm-10pm). My 25th day would have been Monday evening. I know with fertility there are always surprises, etc. It's just so strange for me to be a full 5 days late. I've never been late and it just so happens I'm 5 days late the month that we really paid attention to things (OPK, CM, etc). I guess we'll see what happens. Thanks for the advice. :)
    I hope you get your BFP this cycle, but in case you don't, definitely try charting. It provides peace of mind. GL!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you very much. I appreciate your kind words and advice. You've done a great job of not making me feel like a jerk for asking this question! :)
  • I'll just add that if you're not charting, you can't tell that your luteal phase is short.  But if it really is 9 days, know that it can often be fixed very easily.  Talk to your doc and try not to be too upset.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last month my period was 9 days late.  I am always really normal so I thought I may be (even though we hadn't really been trying then).  I couldn't decide if I was pregnant because the tests kept coming back negative. Obviously, I started my flow but this month I'm pregnant!

If you aren't, don't stress because there is always next month.  If you are, don't stress.  :)  I know, much easier said then done.

I hope it all works out for you! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • imagemebride0711:
    Thanks for the responses and the well wishes. No, I have not been charting yet. We are in the very early stages of trying and just weren't there yet (kicking myself now for it!). It's definitely possible that my cycle is longer or different for some reason this month. With that being said, I came off the pill at the end of May and ever since, my cycle has been 25 days each time, almost to the hour (between 8pm-10pm). My 25th day would have been Monday evening. I know with fertility there are always surprises, etc. It's just so strange for me to be a full 5 days late. I've never been late and it just so happens I'm 5 days late the month that we really paid attention to things (OPK, CM, etc). I guess we'll see what happens. Thanks for the advice. :)

Chiming in late but it can take several months for your body to get into what will be normal for you after quitting birth control. It's possible your body is just shifting into a new phase. Some women experience a 25 day one month and a 35 the next. Don't stress about it. Test once a week until you get a positive or AF shows. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's possible that you O'd late.  As PPs said, OPK don't confirm ovulation they confirm LH surge.  I've had many O fake outs where I get a + OPK and then no temp spike and the  get another + OPK a week later.  You may have O'd late- that doesn't mean you're not pg.  Give it a few days and if AF doesn't show test again.  If you're still getting BFNs without AF at that point you should just go ahead and call your doctor so you can get a blood test.

GL! 

BFP 1 | EDD 4.1.11 | MMC D&C 10.27.10 | 14 weeks
    BFP 2 | EDD 9.29.11 | MC 1.25.11 | 6 weeks
    BFP 3 | EDD 3.4.12 | MC 9.5.11 | 10 weeks
    BFP 4 | Twins EDD 6.7.12 | MC James 10.31.11 Kellen 1.12.12 | 8 weeks/19 weeks

BFP 5 | EDD 12.24.12 | Rainbow Baby in the Making!
    **Formerly known as Nikki04vb**
    ? PGAL/PAL Welcome ?
  • imageMrsColvin:imagemebride0711:Thanks for the responses and the well wishes. No, I have not been charting yet. We are in the very early stages of trying and just weren't there yet (kicking myself now for it!). It's definitely possible that my cycle is longer or different for some reason this month. With that being said, I came off the pill at the end of May and ever since, my cycle has been 25 days each time, almost to the hour (between 8pm-10pm). My 25th day would have been Monday evening. I know with fertility there are always surprises, etc. It's just so strange for me to be a full 5 days late. I've never been late and it just so happens I'm 5 days late the month that we really paid attention to things (OPK, CM, etc). I guess we'll see what happens. Thanks for the advice. :) Chiming in late but it can take several months for your body to get into what will be normal for you after quitting birth control. It's possible your body is just shifting into a new phase. Some women experience a 25 day one month and a 35 the next. Don't stress about it. Test once a week until you get a positive or AF shows. Good luck.this. And I think 3 cycles off bcp is not enough to determine that you have a short LP. Keep yourself healthy (in case you are pg), take a pnv, take another test in a few days if AF is still MIA. If you are not pg this month grab a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility & a bbt. Good luck!

image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"