Breastfeeding

How to start a BM stash?

Hello ladies- I have a two week old, and have been EBF.  I just started pumping yesterday to give my nipples a chance to fully heal.  I like pumping, but wondered how do I begin to start a stash of BM?  I usually feed the baby right after I have pumped.  Do I need to up my pumping in between feedings to start a stash I can freeze?

Re: How to start a BM stash?

• What I did to start a supply was I would pump for a couple mins after each feeding and I would put that in the fridge until i had 3-4oz to freeze (usually about 2 pumping sessions) not only was it easy to start a supply that way but it also bumped up my milk supply and didn't deny my baby any of her feedings!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Supply is usually highest in the morning, so I pumped right after the first morning feeding.

• Loading the player...
  • I pump around 9am after I fed her. I wait 30-60 minutes and can get 2-3oz. I also pump if she takes a bottle.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • I pump after my first and last feedings of the day. So after I feed him in the morning I pump and get around 10oz. Same thing before bed....right now I am stashing about 20oz a day.

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• wow a4smith that is awesome I want a supply like yours because I am lucky to be getting 6oz a day to save for when I go back to work!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"