Infertility

Ease my mind about ER

It's a piece of cake right?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ease my mind about ER

• Yes!!  It is!  You are out for it and you wake up and it's done!! 

They will start and IV and then you will feel fantastic for about 30 seconds, while the propofal hits.. and you go out!!

I'm having some mild AF like cramping.. but that's it.  I've been sleeping on and off all day!!

You will be fine!! You will be a champ!!!  You can do it!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It's really not so bad. I went back to work the next day. I was just really tired for the rest of the day.
    ttc since 02/10 first RE visit 01/11 Clomid + TI 03/11, 04/11, 05/11 IUI 06/11, 07/11 IVF #1 - BFN :( FET - 11/11 beta 11/21/11 BFP!!! :). Beta 1 - 319, Beta 2 - 921 1st ultrasound 12/1 TWINS!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You got this in the bag.  Hands. Down.

It is the unknown that is more scary b/c you haven't been through it before. 

• Totally! Just don't pass up on an extra shot of pain medication on your way out! And don't forget to drink tons of gatorade, eat chicken broth soup, and/or drink V8. Good luck tomorrow!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Such a piece of cake I was wide awake for mine. I am here to tell you that a needle through the vaginal wall is nothing but a period like cramp. No pain or needle feeling at all. I hated the damn IV in the hand the most.  You might be sore from enlarged ovaries but it really is a piece of cake.  I was terrified and looking back the pre-jitters were much worse and pointless because it was fast and easy. 

Keep breathing :)   (I'm serious... I'm a firm believer in guided meditation for relaxation).

EDITED:  I'm sorry, I don't know if you are open to SAIF replies and I should have done a ticker warning.  My apologies.

• imagenaybird:

Yes!!  It is!  You are out for it and you wake up and it's done!! 

They will start and IV and then you will feel fantastic for about 30 seconds, while the propofal hits.. and you go out!!

I'm having some mild AF like cramping.. but that's it.  I've been sleeping on and off all day!!

You will be fine!! You will be a champ!!!  You can do it!

This!  Just make sure to drink lots of water afterwards.  You'll be fine!!  I was back at work the next day also.  Just a little tired.

• imageanangelbug:

Such a piece of cake I was wide awake for mine. I am here to tell you that a needle through the vaginal wall is nothing but a period like cramp. No pain or needle feeling at all. I hated the damn IV in the hand the most.  You might be sore from enlarged ovaries but it really is a piece of cake.  I was terrified and looking back the pre-jitters were much worse and pointless because it was fast and easy. 

Keep breathing :)   (I'm serious... I'm a firm believer in guided meditation for relaxation).

EDITED:  I'm sorry, I don't know if you are open to SAIF replies and I should have done a ticker warning.  My apologies.

No apology needed! Thank you for the input :)
  • The procedure is easy.  After, I was in quite a bit of pain and nauseas from the anesthesia.  You can totally handle it but I just wanted to say that different people's experiences vary. I was sort of surprised about the pain level but maybe that was just me.  Best of luck and you can do this!  :)
  • imageMrkyrain:
    The procedure is easy.  After, I was in quite a bit of pain and nauseas from the anesthesia.  You can totally handle it but I just wanted to say that different people's experiences vary. I was sort of surprised about the pain level but maybe that was just me.  Best of luck and you can do this!  :)

I had an experience very similar to this.  I was surprised as well, since most people I've talked to don't seem to have this type of experience. I think you will do great -- good luck! :)

TTC since 2/09
    Dx: DOR, Right UU, fibroid (removed)
    IUI #1-4: bfn; IVF #1 September 2011=bffn
    my read shelf:
    Lianne's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"