Stay at Home Moms

NBR: Are all kindles back-lit?

Well enough to be read in the dark?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Are all kindles back-lit?

• Mine's not. I have a case that has a light built onto it. You pull it out when needed. And it takes power from the kindle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMc_Newlywed:
    Mine's not. I have a case that has a light built onto it. You pull it out when needed. And it takes power from the kindle.
    This is how mine is too. I think they're designed to be less harsh on your eyes than backlit tablets (more like reading a book than computer screen). I love mine and used my little light in my cover on my late flights in February without any issues.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I have an old nook that broke down, but it wasn't backlit at all. I think it's so you can read it in daylight. As pp said, you have to buy a little booklight for it.
  • I think the new, tablet-like one is, but the originals are not.  Backlighting is harsh on your eyes, so it's more comfortable to read for longer periods of time without it.
  • Any of the readers with the eInk technology are basically like regular books. In other words, you need a lamp if you want to read in the dark.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They are not backlit - they are designed to look just like paper, which is why you can read it in direct sun and it doesn't strain your eyes like reading a computer screen for a long time does. You can buy a cover with a mini light built in, or just use a regular book light on it (like I do) if you need to read in the dark.
  • imageBFab11:
    I think the new, tablet-like one is, but the originals are not.  Backlighting is harsh on your eyes, so it's more comfortable to read for longer periods of time without it.

this. i have a regular one and i love it. i don't have a built in light case. if i want to read at night in bed i just leave my bathroom light on and crack the door a bit. it's enough to read by without getting on dh's nerves.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"