Stay at Home Moms

Will CVS/Walgreens give a flu shot to a 14 mo?

Our pedi doesnt make appointments for flu shots, so instead they have these god awful clinics where you have to wait in line. I am trying to find any alternative.

someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Will CVS/Walgreens give a flu shot to a 14 mo?

• Mine won't.  None of the minute clinic or pharms around here will.  Just call. 
  • The commercials on the radio said 2 and up.  Why won't the pedi do a flu shot?  What are you supposed to do? 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Around here you have to have an order in hand from your pediatrician for the pharmacies to give you one.  And most pediatricians won't give you an order to get it elsewhere because there is no way to know that they have the correct strain for the year, dosage, or that an authorized person is giving the shot.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I asked at Target the other day when I got my shot and their minimum age is 9. I made DD (age 3) an appointment with her pediatrician for her shot. Her pediatrician only does them on 4 days in October but at least I got an appointment time; hopefully they won't be running late!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2 and up.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagechicsub:
    The commercials on the radio said 2 and up.  Why won't the pedi do a flu shot?  What are you supposed to do? 

I have no idea why they wont do it. We are supposed to wait in line with everyone else when they do the "flu clinic" at the end of Oct.

someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • One year DS HAD to get the flu shot and our pedi ran out of them. I called around to other offices and told them the situation. I finally was able to get one office to make me an appointment with their NP to get one. They were sympathetic b/c they knew he had to get one from a ped office given his age. Maybe try calling other office and say your ped doesn't have any more space available or anymore in stock and the kids are too young to go to walgreens?? Worth a try. FWIW it''s odd that your ped's office forces you to wait in line with the rest of the germies to get the flu shot. I hope you find an alternative to that. GL. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When we got ours at Walgreens, they said age 14 & up.  Of course our ped didn't have them (they never have the shots we need), so our only option was the health dept.  It was surprisingly quick at the health dept and not as horrible as I thought it would be.  I probably would've spent an hour at the ped office trying to get the shot, and we were in the health dept for maybe 15 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"