Trying to Get Pregnant

do's & don'ts

I found this on a web site, I'm not sure if it's 100%, but I thought Id pass it along

Some dos and don'ts for getting pregnant

• Do limit movement after intercourse.  Standing up after intercourse can cause the semen to leak out.  Try to wait twenty minutes after sex before getting up and moving around.

• Do try to keep the sperm inside your vagina longer.  You can hold the labia together to try to keep the sperm inside of you.  You can also try putting a pillow under your pelvis to help tilt your body so the sperm can travel upwards easier.

• Do try to make sex enjoyable.  Sometimes when a couple is trying to conceive it will affect the quality of their sex life.  More enjoyable sex means higher sperm count and better "swimmers".

• Do limit male masturbation prior to the days you are trying to conceive.  It will help to increase the man's sperm count and improve your chances of getting pregnant.

• Do take prenatal vitamins if you are trying to conceive.  Folic acid and other vitamins are very important during the first trimester of pregnancy.

• Don't drink alcohol or use drugs at the time of conception.  This applies to both the male and female.  There is strong evidence that alcohol can effect your chances of getting pregnant.

• Don't douche after having intercourse.  It can wash out the sperm that has just entered your body. 

• Don't have oral sex prior to intercourse.  There is some evidence that the bacteria in the mouth can cause damage to male sperm.

• Don't have anal sex prior to intercourse.  Bacteria in the anas can be carried into the vagina from the man's penis.  If you do have anal sex before intercourse, make sure your partner washes his penis first.

Re: do's & don'ts

• imagejesssy1204:

I found this on a web site, I'm not sure if it's 100%, but I thought Id pass it along

• Do limit movement after intercourse.  Standing up after intercourse can cause the semen to leak out.  Try to wait twenty minutes after sex before getting up and moving around.

• Do try to keep the sperm inside your vagina longer.  You can hold the labia together to try to keep the sperm inside of you.  You can also try putting a pillow under your pelvis to help tilt your body so the sperm can travel upwards easier.

• Do try to make sex enjoyable.  Sometimes when a couple is trying to conceive it will affect the quality of their sex life.  More enjoyable sex means higher sperm count and better "swimmers".

• Do limit male masturbation prior to the days you are trying to conceive.  It will help to increase the man's sperm count and improve your chances of getting pregnant.

• Do take prenatal vitamins if you are trying to conceive.  Folic acid and other vitamins are very important during the first trimester of pregnancy.

• Don't drink alcohol or use drugs at the time of conception.  This applies to both the male and female.  There is strong evidence that alcohol can effect your chances of getting pregnant.

• Don't douche after having intercourse.  It can wash out the sperm that has just entered your body. 

• Don't have oral sex prior to intercourse.  There is some evidence that the bacteria in the mouth can cause damage to male sperm.

• Don't have anal sex prior to intercourse.  Bacteria in the anas can be carried into the vagina from the man's penis.  If you do have anal sex before intercourse, make sure your partner washes his penis first.

Umm, eww! I'll pass on the anal sex part! SleepIck!

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 since March 2010

DH - SA = Low Morphology. Great overall count.

August 2012: HSG - All Clear

September 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 w/ Repronex & HCG Injections = BFN

October 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 = BFN

September 2013: New Doctor: 50 mg Clomid CD 5-9 & IUI #1 = BFN

October 2013: 50 mg Clomid CD 3-7 & IUI #2 = BFN 

November 2013 to ??? = On a mental break for now.

• imagejesssy1204:

I Do limit movement after intercourse.  Standing up after intercourse can cause the semen to leak out.  Try to wait twenty minutes after sex before getting up and moving around.

These two points can cause UTI.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageVonbabe:
    imagejesssy1204:

AGREE!
  • BAHAHAHA @ hold your labia together. Seriously?
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • imagejesssy1204:

I am sure that a lot of these are accurate, but the bolded two are not, from what I have heard. The sperm that are going anywhere will get there, so laying there, or propping a pillow won't do much other than give you a UTI.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• imageashcurious:
    imagejesssy1204:

I Do limit movement after intercourse.  Standing up after intercourse can cause the semen to leak out.  Try to wait twenty minutes after sex before getting up and moving around.

These two points can cause UTI.

Yes if I don't pee within 5 minutes or so I ALWAYS end up with UTI's

Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker
  • imageLGLDVM:
    imagejesssy1204:

Don't have anal sex prior to intercourse.  Bacteria in the anas can be carried into the vagina from the man's penis.  If you do have anal sex before intercourse, make sure your partner washes his penis first.

I don't trust anyone who can't spell anus.

Thats funny! I copy/pasted from the site..  I just thought it was funny what is out there.. Im sure they arent all true..
  • imagejesssy1204:

Untrue. After ejaculation the semen coagulates (making it temporarily thicker), so that it stays up in the vagina, all on its own, long enough for the viable sperm to pass from the semen up into the cervix. This takes very little time. By the time the semen is leaking out of you, it has already done its job. Any sperm left behind in the semen aren't even viable, and thus aren't wasted. These tips are unnecessary, and as others pointed out, may lead to a UTI.

I've heard this one is true... I can't recall the exact rationale, but it wasn't because it made them "better swimmers". By the time the sperm are ready to be ejaculated, the quality is already determined. Better sex isn't going to suddenly improve the quality of the sperm. It could improve how much the man ejaculates though (which could mean more sperm).

True. 

True. 

True.

True. You probably shouldn't douche in general. It screws up the PH balance in your vagina, and could lead to infections. The vagina is basically a "self cleaning oven" anyway... and if you have problems with infections, bacteria, etc. you should probably see your doctor, not your nearest douche bottle.

True. Also, do not use saliva as a lubricant while TTC. It can kill the sperm.

Um, TRUE! Why in the hell would anyone have vaginal sex immediately following anal sex, without at least washing up (or using a condom for anal, and then removing it). Unless you're trying to get an infection. There's a reason women are taught to wipe front to back. Because poo + vagina = bad news bears!

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• Well sheesh. If this is all it takes...
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imageVonbabe:
    imagejesssy1204:

LMAO! Nasty

party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug GBCB- Leaving the bump in protest of the new changes. No privacy= no bump for me.
  • I've heard this one is true... I can't recall the exact rationale, but it wasn't because it made them "better swimmers". By the time the sperm are ready to be ejaculated, the quality is already determined. Better sex isn't going to suddenly improve the quality of the sperm. It could improve how much the man ejaculates though (which could mean more sperm).

Just a lurker, but I have read that the female orgasm can "pull" sperm in

• imageSteveandKris:

I've heard this one is true... I can't recall the exact rationale, but it wasn't because it made them "better swimmers". By the time the sperm are ready to be ejaculated, the quality is already determined. Better sex isn't going to suddenly improve the quality of the sperm. It could improve how much the man ejaculates though (which could mean more sperm).

Just a lurker, but I have read that the female orgasm can "pull" sperm in

I've heard this too. But I've also heard that female orgasms can create a hostile environment for sperm. I don't remember what the reason behind this theory was though. Just out of curiosity. have any of you ever heard that?

• Am I the only one picturing some dumba$$ waddling around with a clothespin between her legs?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGhostMonkey:

imagemchupie:
    BAHAHAHA @ hold your labia together. Seriously?

Just when I think I have read the dumbest idea ever for TTC, gems like that appear out of nowhere.

Whatever. This is seriously real info. I'm currently fashioning mine into a resealable flap. I'm gonna retain sperms like nothing you've ever seen.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageGhostMonkey:

imagemchupie:

Just when I think I have read the dumbest idea ever for TTC, gems like that appear out of nowhere.

Whatever. This is seriously real info. I'm currently fashioning mine into a resealable flap. I'm gonna retain sperms like nothing you've ever seen.

I am wondering if I could fund my maternity leave by selling some pink binder clips with little baby booties on them.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesweetgotham:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageGhostMonkey:

imagemchupie:

I am wondering if I could fund my maternity leave by selling some pink binder clips with little baby booties on them.  

I don't see why not. So long as their purpose - sealing labias (labii?) - is clear, I think you'll make a killing.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • imageMrs.Umm:
    Am I the only one picturing some dumba$$ waddling around with a clothespin between her legs?

Hahahahaha... i wasn't but now I am!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers TTC Since July 2009
    BFP C6 - m m/c found on 3/17 - D&C 3/19 9w6d
    Aug 2011 - SA - Low motility (25%) high PH
    Sept 2011 - SA - 100mil sperm, 37% motility
    Oct 2011 - HSG/SHG if not natural BFP
    Holy crap natural BFP(cycle 20)!!! - Beta#1 10/11 - 185 P-23, Beta #2 10/13 -499.8, P-35.7! Thyroid good at 1.13, Beta #3 10/18 5,854.6 P-30.6; Beta 4 10/25 - 39,500 p4 20
    1st U/S on 10/18 - saw gestational sac! 2nd u/s (10/25) saw a tiny fetus and saw the HB flickering away! 3rd U/S on 11/2 measuring 2 days ahead HB 138! 4th U/S 11/9 - Measured 8w1d - HB 178! released from RE 11/16 U/S - HB 180 everything On track!
    Pregnancy Blog
  • LOL
    TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
    1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
    Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Also, do NOT go a$$ to mouth.

• imagejesssy1204:

Where is the fun in that? 

AnniversaryPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrs.Umm:
    Am I the only one picturing some dumba$$ waddling around with a clothespin between her legs?

Hahaha! That's too funny :P

BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMissMusic:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageGhostMonkey:

imagemchupie:

::dead::

Yes

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"