Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Sad & have a LP question

Got my period this morning...major bummer.  I really thought I was pregnant this month.  I seem to have a short LP and I have read some things about taking B6 to lengthen it.  I would like to do this for this next month.  Does anyone here know how much B6 to take a day to try and lengthen it and also what forms B6 comes in?

Thanks! 

My Ovulation Chart Hoping for a shamrock baby....Grandma, I know you are up there looking down on me. March and St Patrick's Day is a very special time for all of us. It would be amazing to find out I was pregnant in March! Please send me all your Irish luck (been trying for 7 months and I need it!) I Love you! XOXOXOXO

Re: Sad & have a LP question

• Options
    Talk to your doctor before you start taking B6. They can give you a dosage. GL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm not sure what the dosage you should take is. But, I personally would see my OBGYN to make sure that is what is needed. You don't want to take something that might not be right for you!

GL!

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 since March 2010

DH - SA = Low Morphology. Great overall count.

August 2012: HSG - All Clear

September 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 w/ Repronex & HCG Injections = BFN

October 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 = BFN

September 2013: New Doctor: 50 mg Clomid CD 5-9 & IUI #1 = BFN

October 2013: 50 mg Clomid CD 3-7 & IUI #2 = BFN 

November 2013 to ??? = On a mental break for now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry about AF coming. I started taking B6 this cycle because of a possible LP deficiency. I did not consult my doc first only because I have my annual next week and decided to just bring it up then (ill be about 13DPO so we'll see if it worked!)

I got my B6 at the pharmacy in the supplements/vitamins area. They are pills (not too big either!) and I take the recommended dosage on the bottle, 1 per day. HTH, GL!

**Married 6/2009** **DH: 26 Me: 27** **TTC since 11/2010** **Short TTC break in 2011 due to spinal tap** **2012-OPKs and b/w with OB/GYN confirm ovulation** **SA done 10/2012, all normal** **Initial RE appt for me 3/2013**
  • Options
    imageashmac08:

Sorry about AF coming. I started taking B6 this cycle because of a possible LP deficiency. I did not consult my doc first only because I have my annual next week and decided to just bring it up then (ill be about 13DPO so we'll see if it worked!)

I got my B6 at the pharmacy in the supplements/vitamins area. They are pills (not too big either!) and I take the recommended dosage on the bottle, 1 per day. HTH, GL!

Thank you! 

My Ovulation Chart Hoping for a shamrock baby....Grandma, I know you are up there looking down on me. March and St Patrick's Day is a very special time for all of us. It would be amazing to find out I was pregnant in March! Please send me all your Irish luck (been trying for 7 months and I need it!) I Love you! XOXOXOXO
  • Options
    imageashmac08:

Just note that B6 supplements come if various strengths - 25, 50 and 100 mg. You should not take more than 100mg/day. If you take too much vitamin B6 it can cause nerve damage, it is not common but it is something you should be aware of - especially for anyone who already has any pre-existing nerve related conditions. Also B6 is better absorbed when taken with other B vitamins (B12). B complex supplement is also an option which also comes as B50 or B100 complex.

With that being said I would let your Dr. know that you are taking them next time you are there. A lot of people don't think to mention to physicians that they are taking vitamins/supplements when they ask if you are taking any medications but they are just as important to mention as prescription meds are.

HTH! Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"