November 2011 Moms

Chilis chicken ceaser salad?

Hey ladies i was hoping ya'll could help me out. I have been craving a Chilis chicken ceaser salad, but was told to avoid ceaser dressing because they may contain raw eggs. I was also told that most store bought dressings should be fine and you mainly need to worry about places that make their own. soooo my DH called chilis and they buy their ceaser dressing and all the could tell us was that it did contain egg yolk but didnt specify if it was raw or not. So i guess what i am asking is would you eat it?? I am not trying to sound crazy or overprotective i am just curious. thanks in advance
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chilis chicken ceaser salad?

• I have been eating ceaser salads from chain restaurants my whole pregnancy and no problems whatever. I would just be cautions of more upscale local restaurants that make more items themselves.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Never heard I wasn't supposed to eat it, and I've been eating Caesar salads my whole pregnancy with no problem.

Also I've had raw homemade cookie dough once or twice, also without problem.

• Loading the player...
  • I worked in the food industry for 10 years I would definetly stay away from it. You never know and just because you havent had any problems doesnt really show anything it can affect the baby. Its only 9 months of sacrafice....I know once baby is out Im having a Medium Rare steak smothered in blue cheese and a ceaser salad!! :) Cant wait for that!

ANGELA_11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love the Chilis ceaser salad and have been eating all pregnancy and also the whole time with DD so i can't be much help.

I will say there is SOMETHING they put in the chilis dressing because it is so damn good! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You can ask if the dressing uses pasteurized eggs. Most resturants should know this. If it does you are fine to eat it. Good Luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thank you all so much for your responses Big Smile I called Chilis and all they could tell me was that the dressing did contain egg yolk, when i asked if it was pasteurized they said it didn't specify soooo i decided to have a steak instead lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"