Austin Babies

Costume help... b/c I feel like a jerk.

OK. Jack is going to be a fast jet pilot. Tommy doesn't care what he is. So, I have two options. He can be a mariachi player (which would just be recycling Jack's costume from last year) or I could make something pilot/plane themed for him.

I feel bad putting so little effort into Top's costume, but I really just put it on the back burner b/c Jack already had his costume (it's something my parents sent him ages ago for dress up). 

Thoughts? What could I make that is pilot/plane related? Or just throw him in Jack's old costume and hope that he doesn't need therapy when he looks through pictures 10 years from now?

Re: Costume help... b/c I feel like a jerk.

• i like the pilot/plan idea for Tommy too. How about the guy that brings the planes in with the headphones and the light guider things. Or he could be a pilot too a la Top Gun Maverick & Goose.

what is jack's costume like?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He could be an airplane mechanic with a little green jumpsuit, cap and grease-face with a plastic wrench.
  • Loading the player...
  • oooh- we have a set of those headphone and Tommy likes to wear them.

This is Jack's costume:

• LOVE Jack's!

you're probably not doing top gun like the movie, but if you wanted to play off of it and didn't want to do another pilot thing, you could always pick another tom cruise movie, like a race car driver from days of thunder or a marine like a few good men.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFireChiefsBride:
    He could be an airplane mechanic with a little green jumpsuit, cap and grease-face with a plastic wrench.

this could definitely work. 

• imageFireChiefsBride:
    He could be an airplane mechanic with a little green jumpsuit, cap and grease-face with a plastic wrench.

I love this!  And I love Jack's costume.  So adorable!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my 1st thought was for Tommy to be the jet. 

I personally would not reuse Jack's costume for Tommy- 1st because I was a 2nd child Wink and also because I like siblings dressed in themes. 

I bet you could easily make something similar to the one above out of cardboard.  Here it is for sale though. 

• Love the plane idea!  Bonus- I'm pretty sure that I saw one at Target this week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm too lazy to figure out how to upload a picture from my phone to post here, but Babytaffy tried on the Target plane costume last weekend and "flew" around the store.  I just emailed a picture to you.

• I vote for either being the plane or being the mechanic. I vote this way because I say match them while they'll let you!! And who knows, in a couple years, he may WANT to wear his big brother's costumes, and then you can recycle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"