Stay at Home Moms

Please share your favorite gluten-free recipe!

After a lot of research (and pleading with him), DH has finally agreed to try a gluten-free diet.  I'm trying to come up with something to cook for dinner since a lot of our favorite Friday night go-to takeout places are off limits now.  I have some ground beef thawing.  Ideas?  (or any other favorites?)  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!

Re: Please share your favorite gluten-free recipe!

• Can't help with the recipes but as far as the take-out situation goes, I know we have some local pizzas that make gluten-free pizzas.  Might be worth checking around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • crockpot365.blogspot.com

pf changs

meat, potatoes, veggies, tacos, chili, stews, soup, gluten free pizza, chex cereal, rice krispies, nathans and hebrew national hotdogs

tonight we're having hot dogs with baked acorn squash corn on the cob and a salad.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Loading the player...
  • We eat Paleo and there are a TON of recipes online. Our favorite recipe is eggplan lasagna or almond flour salmon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKateB1984:

For ground beef? I like taco salad (some taco seasonings have hidden gluten, but there are those without, and I often just season with chili powder, cumin, paprika and garlic powder. Serve with all you fav taco seasonings and gluten-free tortilla chips (I like Salba Smart brand).

I strongly recommend you go to your local health food store (or Whole Foods or whatever) and ask to speak to a nutritionist and get a tour of the options. We have a natural food store and have sooooo many gluten-free options and suggestions. Our nutritionists are so used to having people come in and ask questions when they're just starting out on a gluten-free diet. I can't recommend many specific brands, because I'm not sure what's available in the US vs Canada. Also, your natural/health food store can be a great source of info for local places to eat out (we have a great pizza place with a gluten-free option, and a few other restaurants with good choices).

I missed (if you've said) why your DH is on a gluten-free diet now (if you don't mind me asking)?

Thanks for the tips.  I plan to go to Whole Foods tomorrow to pick up a few ingredients (rice flour, etc), and will talk to someone who works there.  

DH has always had stomach/digestive issues.  He's been to the doctor numerous times, has tried all kinds of meds, has had procedures to see what his insides look like, etc.  Even the gastroenterologist  can't pinpoint the problem.  BUT, none of these doctors have mentioned gluten sensitivity.  My sister is intolerant to gluten, and we just found out a few days ago that my aunt is, and her psoriasis issues have majorly cleared up from the diet.  DH was diagnosed with psoriasis last year.  Sooo,,,,just putting the pieces together, it seems like going gluten-free is the way to go.  He's going to do it for a month or so and see how he feels, then talk to a doctor about it.  Preferably one who won't act like gluten issues don't exist.  ;-)

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • We just had family visiting with severe gluten allergies. I made beef bourguignon (beef roast in slow cooker with onions, beef stock, tomatoes, mushrooms, and bacon with lots of red wine) over mashed potatoes. I bought gluten-free stock just to be safe. I couldn't thicken it like I normally would but you could with a gluten-free flour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is my favorite blog: https://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/  Everything I've tried of hers is delicioius.  My friend cooks bread, rolls, hamburger buns, even cinnamon rolls, with Bob's Red Mill Pizza Dough mix.  Cooking Gluten Free is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be, it just takes some getting used to.  The worst part is always reading lables.  Also, Chick Fil A has grilled chicken breast that's really good and GF, they also cook their fries separately from their nuggets, so they're safe.  I've heard Wendy's fries are safe too.  I haven't tried them, but my friend goes there often.  Uno's has GF pizza on their menu which is decent.  Good luck!

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"