Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

A crockpot question

This is going to sound stupid, but you all know that I am clueless in the kitchen. 

Can you turn a normal crock pot recipe into one that you freeze and cook later?  It is all the same, right?  Like, I can just throw it all together and freeze it instead of cooking it? 

I need to stop drinking.  I am frying all of my brain cells.  I don't see how I was on the Dean's List all through college.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: A crockpot question

• Options
    LOL, Dean's list of party girls?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Only if you dress like a unicorn and spin in circles on one toe while pouring in the ingredients. YWIA.
    IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Some people in college called me "Parking Lot".... figure it out.  I don't see how I got to be so book smart, but then I was beat with the stupid stick when it comes to life.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageTitts McGeee:
    Only if you dress like a unicorn and spin in circles on one toe while pouring in the ingredients. YWIA.
    What's YWIA?  And why am I failing at life today?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Huh, I've never thought about doing that, but sounds like a great idea! I don't see why it wouldn't work...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really don't get it... what exactly are you wanting to freeze?  Why not cook it, then freeze it?  what is your goal?
  • Options

imageRandomPickle:
    imageTitts McGeee:
    What's YWIA?  And why am I failing at life today?

You're welcome in advance. And probably because you're wine hungover still. 

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageTobleroneBar:
    I really don't get it... what exactly are you wanting to freeze?  Why not cook it, then freeze it?  what is your goal?
    I guess that's what I am trying to ask.  How to turn a normal meal into a freezer meal. Like, I figured I'd cook the meat before I freeze it, but would I cook everything else before hand too?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageTobleroneBar:
    I guess that's what I am trying to ask.  How to turn a normal meal into a freezer meal. Like, I figured I'd cook the meat before I freeze it, but would I cook everything else before hand too?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cook everything else as well then throw them in thick freezer bags, label them so you know how old they are.
  • Options
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Options
    This site has a bunch of freezer slow cooker recipes....but you freeze the ingredients uncooked and then just throw the whole thing in the crock pot in the morning (obviously removing the plastic bag).
  • Options
    that's awesome Ty!!!
  • Options

You can put frozen uncooked meat in a slow cooker.

I don't see why it would need to be cooked first, as long as it stays frozen. Like don't unthaw it, not cook it & refreeze.

You can buy beef cut up for stew, or for stir fry. I don't see why you couldn't put that in a ziploc with cut up veggies & freeze. Then you could put the whole bag's ingredients into a slow cooker (they're not all "crockpot" lol) with spices, etc.

search freezer meals on pinterest.

DD1 11|04|10 DD2 08|20|12
    After 4 miscarriages, a diagnosis of Asherman's Syndrome, endo & lap surgery to remove partial septum &
    massive scar tissues, we have a completed family <3
    Never give up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"