1st Trimester

So confused....

So based on my LMP my due date would be May 14th and I would be 8 weeks sunday. I was not charting and have not had a normal period since january of 2009. ( Got pregnant with DD, nursed for 10 months, then went on mirena with no periods until getting it removed in July and only have one period on August 7-12, then got pregnant with this one the end of August). However I was keeping track of the days DH and I had sex around the middle of my cycle. (August 19, 20, 22, 24) We did not have sex after that due to a death in the family and a last minute trip home. Needless to say we were not in the mood. The next time we had sex was September 5th, I got my BFP on Sept. 8. I had my second ultrasound yesterday (according to LMP I would have been 7 weeks 4 days, which I know is most likely off considering who knows when I ovulated. However, baby  measured 6 weeks 1 day. That would put me conceiving August 31. I know it can take a few days to happen, but a whole week from the last time DH and I had sex until I conceived? Dr is not concerned at all, just said dates were behind and I am now due May 24th. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: So confused....

• I wouldn't worry about it, you can't know for sure since you weren't charting.  Even though you had sex on August 24th, sperm can live for awhile prior to ovulation so you could have ovulated on August 27th which would line up pretty well with your EDD based on u/s.  Ultrasound measurements can be off by a few days too, they're not perfect.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Yes.  It can take a week for the egg to implant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"