March 2012 Moms
Options

Lettuce listeria outbreak

I mean  it's bad enough that we have to watch cold cuts for listeria, then melon and now lettuce???

https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/30/health/main20113757.shtml   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lettuce listeria outbreak

• Options
    I'm only eating Five Guys until this baby gets here!
  • Options

1 - All of these outbreaks pick at my conspiracy theories (bio terrorism, maybe)

2 - There's a link on that page that led me to a gallery of conjoined babies and now I'm sad/scared. Boo!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I saw that announcement right after I'd gotten home from the store - and buying romaine lettuce... Nearly had a heart attack, but the pack I bought isn't from that company and is limited to California, Oregon and Washington - I'm in Tennessee.

But this is getting to be a bit much...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageDewey12:

I wish we had a LIKE button!  Yes

• Options
    I don't know if it's just because I'm more tuned into it or what, but I feel like every time there's an outbreak like this, it's listeria. I didn't even know what listeria was before I got pregnant and now it's everywhere!
    "Go Phils"
    Norah Elizabeth - 3.19.12
  • Options

imageDewey12:

LOL

• Options
    OMFG now I can't eat salad?!?! Annoying.

• Options
    imageMrs_MBed:

I saw that announcement right after I'd gotten home from the store - and buying romaine lettuce... Nearly had a heart attack, but the pack I bought isn't from that company and is limited to California, Oregon and Washington - I'm in Tennessee.

I'm in Washington and I love Romaine. I buy mine whole, not in chopped bags so here's to hoping  that all the salads I ate the last few weeks wont get me sick!!!

• Options
    imageMoandsweetpea:
    imageMrs_MBed:

I'm in Washington and I love Romaine. I buy mine whole, not in chopped bags so here's to hoping  that all the salads I ate the last few weeks wont get me sick!!!

Yes  I also relaxed a bit when I saw it was the already chopped stuff.  LOL I hope you don't get sick either!  If more stuff keeps testing positive for Listeria I think I'm going to stick to nutritional supplement drinks LOL

• Options
    I know, it's ridiculous. And all I have been wanting to eat lately is fresh fruit and veggies.
  • Options
    imagepink100:

imageDewey12:

I wish we had a LIKE button!  Yes

YesYes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageDewey12:

Love.Yes

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    See, this is where my "no fruits or veggies" diet is really paying off!  Nothing to worry about here! Wink
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMelBell829:
    I don't know if it's just because I'm more tuned into it or what, but I feel like every time there's an outbreak like this, it's listeria. I didn't even know what listeria was before I got pregnant and now it's everywhere!

This. And it's getting super annoying. Just when I start to feel like eating fruits and veggies again, now apparently I have to be paranoid to eat them? I'm hopping on the Five Guys diet train....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"