November 2011 Moms

Journals & Logs

Just wondering what everyone is planning on (or not planning on) doing to track baby on a daily basis? I bought a baby book for all the milestones etc. but is anyone going to track daily things like feedings, diaper changes, sleep etc. and if so, what are you using to keep track? TIA - FTM.

Re: Journals & Logs

• I am getting a plain binder and making some spreadsheets on excel that I will hole punch and put in there.  I want the nanny to use them when she starts too.  
  • We got something from the hspital that had the tracking sheets in them.  DH also had an app on his iphone to track it all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • In the beginning your pedi will likely want you to track stuff and the hospital will probably give you a template.  Really, it seemed like the most important was how many wet and how many poopie diapers per day and I might not track any more than that.  They figure that as long as there are enough dirty diapers, the kid is obviously eating :)

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's not super helpful with the 'how many' aspect, but we're getting an Itzbeen. You just push the bottle button everytime he eats, the diaper button when you change, and it just keeps track of how long it's been (ah... there's the clever name). There's also one for naps and a star for whatever else you want to remember (medicine or something). I think there's also a (L-R) switch to remind you which side you were BFing on last?

As far as the 'how many a day' tracking, I went to a BFing class where in the back of the book I got had a little chart I can print off as often as I want.

• I guess I hadn't thought of it... Makes sense though. haha Oh geeze what have I gotten myself into?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"