Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Losing my mind!

My 4 month old has decided he doesn't want to sleep anymore. So he doesnt. He naps for only 30 minutes during the day and is up all night crying & not able to be comforted. Sometimes he wants food, sometimes he doesnt, sometimes he takes a pacifier, sometimes he doesnt. Week 3 of no sleep & I feel like a zombie! I miss the oh-so-predictable schedule he had before this all changed!

Re: Losing my mind!

• Options
    I am with you and it is horrible!.  I am hoping it is the 4 month wakeful period, and all will be well again soon but I don't know... Laying DD in bed and nursing all night and the swing are the only way she will sleep right now.  Is your LO fussy during the day?  Has he had his 4 month shots recently?  DD had shots on Wednesday and hasn't been herself since.  Hang in there :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My 3.5 month old is the same.  We are down to 3 naps per day - usually between 25-30 minutes and then nighttime sleep has been equally as horrible (minus 2 days where he threw us for a loop and was fantastic).  I'm not sure what's going on but I hope for all of our sake it passes quickly!  It's hard to function on such little sleep. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel the same way.  So far the naps are the hardest for us, she is sleeping good when I get her in the swing but if I try to put her in bed its back to eyes wide open. I need to not even try the bed for a bit and just use the swing. At least at night once I get her into bed she will sleep better even if it's with a boob in her mouth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    This is why I love these boards! We've just jumped up from the 0-3 month board and I'd never heard of the 4 month wakeful period. I'm glad I learned about it now so we don't have an ugly surprise! Of course, I'm sure it will still suck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"