1st Trimester

Cherry Tomatoes Too! Really?

So I get a text from MIL saying that there is now a recall on cherry tomatoes, beef, and big lettuce.  She's kind of bad about not getting the whole story before telling DH and me about something so I tried to do research.  She said she heard it last night on nightline, but when I checked their website, I only saw a thing about ground beef being recalled.  I think she may have gotten it confused with a reference to recall on tomatoes in May.  Since I eat cherry tomatoes like candy, it concerns me a little.  Did anyone see that story or hear anything about it?  I can't find anything about a recent one doing a Google search.  I'd love any input or to know what everyone else has heard.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                  BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

Re: Cherry Tomatoes Too! Really?

• It does look like some grape tomatoes have been recalled.

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm

Visit The Nest!
  • Thanks for the link.

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Loading the player...
  • OH SH!T   So it turns out the brand recalled is the one I just bought last week.  Bar code number matches and everything.  I've already eaten one carton earlier in the week.  How long does it take sallemonela (I know that is not spelled right) to pop up?  Trying not to panic here.  The link says its voluntary and no reported cases so far, just one bad tomato in a batch popped up.

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• ugh recalls, sadly they happen all of the time.  I work at a grocery store and even though we can assure customers we don't carry the cantaloupe or the peanut butter or whatever it is that was recalled people go into frenzy.  They do have to be taken seriously though, I have had eaten 2 recalled products before the recall was announced with the exact lot number in question, first it was the peter pan peanut butter, I ate that large container like it was nothing thankfully I didn't get sick.  Second was the nestle cookie dough, I love love love raw cookie dough and I ate 2 of those packages recalled.  A recall is just something they have to do once a case is presented doesn't mean it has whatever they said it has. Now the listeria situation is very serious, even though Publix isn't getting those cantaloupes I am not taking a chance on that one at all.

Where ever you live and shop if you go to that grocery stores website they should have all info on all current recalls.  I suggest every week you look at those and see if any updates or new products are posted because sometimes the news gets it way wrong because they assume they know something before the facts are fully presented. Also know if your grocery stores are responsible any recall products should NEVER be on the shelf after its announced.  Sadly we live in a world full of people not washing their hands then handling food and things getting processed are being exposed to food borne bacteria.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"