Success after IF

S/o overnight diapers

Was there a certain age when your LO tapered off the amount s/he wet the diaper at night? My pedi since the 1 year appointment asks about wet diapers at night and told me he should be lessoning the amount of urine at night. Well - no - not yet! He pees a ton at night - but he still has a sippy at bedtime too, so i am sure that contributes to the wetness.
which brings me to potty training - how will I ever potty train if he goes this much at night? I know I need to eventually end him drinking at night, but how many hours before bedtime?
A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view

Re: S/o overnight diapers

• For us, it dropped off, but well after age 1.  The twins at almost 17 months are still super heavy wetters.  I was very worried about potty training, too, but it just happened naturally.  I started limiting drinks after dinner (so, if she asked for water, she could have a cup, but I didn't just give her a sippy full of water 24/7 like I usually did).  I started having her sit on the potty right before bed and as soon as she woke up.  She has had a dry diaper in the morning every day for the last two weeks.
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Hayden still wets at night. We are pting during the day but not focusing on night time yet. He still wakes up wet each morning. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I already stopped giving DD anything to drink less than an hour before bed. We're not to potty training yet, but nighttime dryness is going to be at the end of that process anyway, at least from what I've seen.
  • I can't remember when I noticed that he was consistently peeing through the cloth diapers at night and switched him to Huggies Overnights, but I feel like it was closer to 1.5-2 yrs old. 

He didn't begin to have dry diapers in the morning until after 3 yrs old.  (He potty trained during the day at 2.75)

Then when he was 3.25 he potty trained himself at night, no more overnight pull ups.  This was after DS2 was born so I was surprised, I kind of expected some regression in the potty training, not the opposite.

Then he began wetting the bed in the morning sometime between 3.75-4.  I eventually put him back in overnight pull ups.  I think with him it is a bit of a control thing, he doesn't want to get out of bed in the morning to go potty.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We have been doing a lot of pt'ing during the day, but DD still has some good wet diapers when she wakes in the morning.  Every once in a great while it will be dry, but more wet than dry.  I think it's still pretty early.  I don't give DD as much to drink before bed either.  She used to have sippy right before bed, and now it's about 45 mins before and then we try to potty right before bed too.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • DS1 was always a heavy wetter at night, even without having anything to drink after dinner. Now he DOES get a cup of water during the night, but he almost never wets his pants at night. He might get up once to pee, or he might just make it until morning (11ish hours). He is much more likely to have a daytime accident (not a full on one, but a little pee in his underwear)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"