Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

4 months old & stranger anxiety

Has anyone else had a problem with stranger anxiety this young? Most of the research I have done says 8 to 9 months.

Re: 4 months old & stranger anxiety

• Options
    My daughter started this about 2 1/2 months it through me for a loop. I didn't think it could happen that early but it did.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options

Yup! When a stranger holds her... sometimes the lip goes out and she cries.... or she just constantly is turning her head looking for me to make sure I am still there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep!  DS is not a fan of anybody but my DH or I at this point.  It's hard, but I try to convince myself that it's because he loves us SO much.  Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Same thing going on here.  He only likes me, my DH and my sister to hold him.  He's usually okay with other people for a few minutes then kind of freaks out and starts looking for me. 
  • Options
    Yes. It started at about 3 1/2 months and it's still a problem. The only people she will tolerate are me, DH, and her sitter. When my mom came last month, she cried every time my mom even looked at her for the whole first day she was here. After that first day, she was fine. I think it just takes them a little while to realized that someone is ok.
  • Options
    my daughter is going thru this and started at 4 months also. In fact, at her 4 month check up, I asked her dr and she said its normally 8-9 months and then again around 18 months, then my DD started screaming when she looked at her/touched her and as soon as I took her she stopped and the DR said well, I see what you mean. lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageGolf424:

Yup! When a stranger holds her... sometimes the lip goes out and she cries.... or she just constantly is turning her head looking for me to make sure I am still there.

This exactly! Even when it's her grandparents holding her she either screams (just  for my in-laws which is strange) or constantly turns around to make sure I'm still there!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yep, mine started around 4 months.  It took her a while to get used to my parents, and even now she can get antsy with them if she can't see me.  New strangers, a couple of times she's been ok but usually she gives the lip then starts crying.  Even if she can see me, that's not enough, she wants me to hold her.

Granted, it kind of sucks because family and friends love to hold her, but it does sort of make me feel important LOL.

Been away from theBump for a while, getting active again for all the good advice :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, my LO gets shy and her bottom lip starts to quiver. It's surprising considering she's so exposed to lots of family, but it's okay :)
    TTC #1 April 2009 Dx with PCOS September 2009 TI w Clomid x3 = BFNs IUI w Clomid = BFN TI w Clomid = BFP! August 2010 We are blessed. TTC #2 TTC on our own August & September 2012 = BFN x 2 (so I thought) Appt w RE Oct 2012 and got a BFP that day! Thank you, Lord. Nov 23 7 week u/s - so far so good. Jan 3 12 week u/s - still going strong. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Just saw this and yes my daughter also went through this. For her, once she hit 2 months any time that we would go out she would scream and nothing would calm her down. No one but my husband and I could even look at her without her screaming. It was heart breaking because everyone would tell us that we need to take her out more or that we need to talk to her more. They made us seem like horrible parents.  We could not go anywhere without getting looked down on. It lasted about 2 months for us. From one day to the next it went away. Now at 4 1/2 months we are finally able to take her out. Just be patient and know that you are not alone in this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"